Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Simchas Beis Hashaeva - for special needs families

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 7:58 pm
Dear Friends,

As many of you know on Monday October 5 2009, A Parent Speaks will be holding our first annual Simchas Beis Hashaeva at The Seville Manor the event will feature, Shloime Dachs Orchestra & Singers, A Special Creative Art Experience, Jugglers and Clowns. Most importantly this special event will provide an opportunity for the families of Special Needs Children to enjoy a Chol Hamoed event together like never before. In an environment conducive for them to celebrate in whatever way they are able, in an environment where they are welcomed and their needs are catered to. Brothers will dance with brothers, sisters with sisters, mothers with daughters and fathers with sons in ways never dreamed possible. For those children for whom the music and dancing may be too much there will be a complete program for them in a separate room. The hall is handicapped accessible and all special children along with their families are invited. This is an exclusive event not open to the public and we want to make sure that all special families are made aware of this event. Which brings me to the purpose of this email. While we have an extensive mailing list we know there are families not on it, if you have friends whom you think would benefit from an invitation to this special event please forward their information to me so I can make sure they receive an invitation. We don’t want anyone to be left out.

Thank You

Chaim Spero
http://www.aparentspeaks.org
chaim@aparentspeaks.org

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 9:08 pm
We are happy to announce that due to the gracious offer of a donor there will be free transportation provided to our Special Succos Event. If you need a ride please call Munkasc car Service at 718-854-4700. Tell them you are going to our event and tell them your code word is A PARENT SPEAKS they will know to bring you to the Simchas Beis Hashaeva. Please leave yourselves enough time for availability of a car and for chol hamoed traffic.

Please note that this car service is not an ambulette service and cannot handle wheelchairs. If you need a ride with a wheelchair we suggest that you call Rodeph Chesed as soon as possible to make arrangements at 718-435-9229 0r 718-833-9220.

This notice is only being sent by email so we ask that you spread this information as well as the details of the event to anyone who can benefit from it.

Thank You.
Chaim Spero

QUEENY

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:48 pm
BTW thanks to you I'm volunteering at the event.

bubby

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:54 pm
This is such a beautiful thing. I will pass it on to my neighbor. Thanks!

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:56 pm
bubby wrote:
This is such a beautiful thing. I will pass it on to my neighbor. Thanks!

I am supposed to find out if the schools distributed the flyers... If their child is in a special environment, would you be able to ask for me if they got the flyer? Thank you!

bubby

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:10 pm
Yes, I'll ask & I'll let you know tomorrow, bli neder. It's too late for me to ring her bell. Only amothers are awake at this hour! Wink

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 12:00 am
bump

nicole81

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 12:22 am
yep my dd came home with the flyer!

tovasmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2009, 9:53 am
I got a flyer last week, Shaklee, but not sure from which program dd goes to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics