Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
What to do with a ton of cookies...

willow

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 9:00 am
....that dh says tastes like way too much baking powder or baking soda.
I kinda made the recipe up (like I usually do) this time I did not do as good.
They are ww, flax, oatmeal raisin with mashed bananas. I thought I would give them to neighbors (usually my baking and cooking rocks)
so I doubled the batches and have a ton.
What do I do with them? Or just give it up to a lost cause and throw them out?
Can these cookies be saved?

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 9:04 am
IS there a kiddush or simchas beis hashoeva that could use them? Could people learning late tonight (Hoshana Rabba) use them?

Also, if you had ice cream you could put one cookie (or 2) on top, and the ice cream would enhance the flavor (maybe)?

Cookies freeze well generally,s o you could store properly, freeze, and bring them out for a kiddush, less formal simchah (ie. for a BT or yasom), or shiur.

Whenever I want to get rid of food, I would have DH invite bochurim over (when we lived near a yeshiva). They will basically eat anything.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 9:15 am
cookies are not like cake - they do not need so much baking soda ... sorry to say you gotta trash them because there's just nothing you could do to take away that harsh taste ...

grin

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 9:22 am
dd did that once - we did salvage them (sort of) by making them into rum balls and then, mixed with ice cream, they were OK. I don't know if they're worth all that trouble to you!

willow

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 9:35 am
Nah seems like its going to be in the garbage. What a waste of good ingredients.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 10:03 am
if they don't taste good, I don't see how you can use them. chalk it up to experience.

mandksima

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 10:09 am
willow wrote:
Nah seems like its going to be in the garbage. What a waste of good ingredients.

I've done that before and was really sad to waste expensive ingredients (ww flour, flax seed meal, unrefined oil, seeds and dried fruit.) I usually put no more than 1/2 tsp of baking soda per recipe in cookies. Crying

willow

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 10:29 am
Thank you everyone.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 10:44 am
okay ... now try again ... you can mess around with everything but the salt & the baking soda/powder ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus