Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Shacharis daavening

amother

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 5:45 pm
I would like to be more dilligent about daily daavening. What is the minimum I need to be doing? I say minimum becauze I have small children so can be distracted. The ones I know are birchas hashachar, shema, baruch sheamar and amida. What else should I be saying, and which one has higher priority?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 5:04 pm
if you look at the sefer Rigshei Lev, it'd help you a lot

grin

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 5:06 pm
there are many different opinions on this - ask your LOR. (and try not to sacrifice too much quality in the name of quantity.)

shalhevet

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 5:15 pm
Halichos Bas Yisroel has a list in order of priority. AFAIR the minimum is the first paragraph of Shema and 18.

The next (I can't remember the order of importance, if you look there he tells you) is birchos haTorah, birchos hashahar, baruch sheamar, ashrei, yishtabach (and nishmas on Shabbos), then from Shema till the end of 18.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 5:25 pm
shalhevet thanks very much that's really helpful. I must confess I slipped a bit this week. Need to get back on track. I feel so much better when I get proper daavening done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions