Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Birthmark in mouth?

Seraph

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 3:05 pm
About 2.5 weeks ago I noticed that my son has a magenta colored patch on the inside of his cheek, right near his lip. You can't see it when his mouth is closed, but when it is open, you can see the magenta from a certain angle.
At first I thought he might have gotten cut or something, but it hasnt gone away in more than two weeks. Can you have a birthmark on the inside of your mouth? And could said birthmark be magenta?
I know some birthmarks are problematic and need removal- is a mouth birthmark fine?

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 3:48 pm
No idea about a birthmark in the mouth, but one of mine had a very dark mark on the inside of her nose, and just underneath. People were constantly asking me if she had a nosebleed.

Many of my kids had some mark or other. They tend to appear at a few weeks old. Mention it to your doc but my kids' marks all disappeared over a few years.

Seraph

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 4:32 pm
I honestly wouldnt mind if it didnt go away- its cool- its magenta, and its on the inside, so its not obvious...
I just wasnt sure if such a birth mark was possible or if its likely to be something else and not a birth mark...

pobody's nerfect

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:13 pm
seraph, am I making this up, or does your sister have a birthmark on the white of her eye?

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:20 pm
My cousin was born with a birthmark in her throat, and this was even noticed bc it wasn't flat. She had surgery at a young age. (This was 30 years ago).

So, iyh if it IS a birthmark, it's just color, but it can happen "internally".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics