Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Baby born on a London bus!!

bubby

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 12:58 pm
I listen via the computer to a UK radio station when I'm working. There I am, knee-deep in my latest project on DH Lawrence (I was dreaming about him last night...yum! What a writer!!) when I hear about this woman who was in labor & so decided to take a bus to the hospital!! shock

Knowing London traffic, not surprisingly, she moved on a bit & went into active labor (the bus probably pulled over & caused a massive queue) & a passenger delivered said baby before the ambulance arrived.

So it got me thinking. And I'm stopping this as Mr. Lawrence is going to take a back seat (pun intended) while I write something on this very fascinating topic! Don't know what I'll do with it, but the muse is upon me. Ooooh!!

ora_43

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 1:24 pm
The story I saw said she was on her way to (or was returning from? I forget) a routine doctor's appointment and just gave birth really really quickly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new......html

chanchy123

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 1:30 pm
A relative of mine (I think it was my Bubby's first cousin's wife) who is a midwife delivered a baby on a bus in Yerushalayim, I think this was about fifteen or twenty years ago. The woman was just traveling on the bus and suddenly went into labor. The driver let all the passengers off and my relative who is a midwife (I'm sure she must be retired by now) delivered the baby, I guess even before an ambulance arrived on the scene. These things do happen, I just hope they never happen to me Wink

Shalshelet

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 2:17 pm
I wonder if she and her baby will get free bus rides for life . . . LOL

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 2:28 pm
Hmmm. At least if she gave birth at John Lewish she would have received gift voucher. I wonder if she got an annual season pass from London Transport ...

bubby

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 4:25 pm
Best place to give birth is in an airplane...free AA/Delta etc for ever! Or maybe not anymore. Confused

hello

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 4:33 pm
I dont understand, why shud the offer free anything? is it their business that she decided to be on the bus/plane close to her due date?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics