Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Grand Wedding and still nothing to wear - HEEELLPPP

momofmultiples

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 9:09 pm
I have a wedding in two weeks in the Plaza Hotel Central Park. It will be a ritzy fancy wedding and I guess my typical boro park attire will simply not do as we would not wear long gowns to go as a guest to a local wedding but at this wedding I guess the guests will all be wearing evening gowns (wealthy wedding). Any ideas what I can do? has anyone had this dilemna and conquered it?

UPTOWN GIRL

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 9:59 pm
is it black tie why not buy something long all the department store r having sales. I would love t ogo to such a wedding , it will be so much fun!

Atali

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 10:05 pm
Have you looked at a gemach? They may have something.

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 10:17 pm
Try the "Back Room" at Loehmann's in Manhattan (Broadway and 73rd Street). They have gorgeous stuff. Also, see if Tova's Bridal in Teaneck has anything (they have a lot of formal wear.) Have fun!!

momofmultiples

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 10:43 pm
Thanks for the advice, I just wondered if the local gemachs are TOO fancy for this (they mainly cater for sister of the bride style - family)

I looked at department stores but there is the question of major tznius issues (all the gowns are off-shoulder or sleeveless.

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 10:45 pm
Loehmann's Back Room has fancy clothes for us... Smile

neverbored

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 11:15 pm
momofmultiples wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I just wondered if the local gemachs are TOO fancy for this (they mainly cater for sister of the bride style - family)

I looked at department stores but there is the question of major tznius issues (all the gowns are off-shoulder or sleeveless.

you can always wear a long sleeved shell underneath the gown. the shell station can die it to match the gown.

lizard8

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 4:18 am
gmeachs will also have for cousins of the bride. Nowadays many people are wearing simple and elegant to their siblings wedding, so it may be approproate for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics