Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Mushroom Soup

shevi82

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 3:13 am
Looking for a milchig recipe for Mushroom soup, the thick kind you get at restaurants. Thanks.

abismommy

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 7:06 am
Mushroom Barley Soup

1 large onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 bay leaf, crumbled
3 T margarine* (I use olive oil, but it gives it a different taste)
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced (you can use canned if you need to, but it's not the same)
2 T flour
2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
8 c water*
1/2 - 2/3 c barley

Saute onion and bay leaf in margarine until soft. Add mushrooms and saute until limp. Add carrot and celery and saute a few more minutes. Mix in flour completely and then add water, spices and barley. Bring to a boil; simmer 1 1/2 - 2 hours covered.

*To make it milchig, I use butter instead of margarine and use half milk and half water.

B'tzimtzim

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 7:48 am
Does anyone have a recipe for really creamy milchig mushroom soup without barley. Like the Cream of Mushroom soups they serve at restaurants?

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 9:31 am
Just made some

Place some butter in a pot (it should be about 50 to 100 grams I use 2 tbs) add 3 tbs of flour mix well, add chopped onion and sautee until transclusent. slice about 1 pound of fresh mushrooms add a bit of oil to the pot (if you put in all that butter I guess you don't need to) continue to sautee until mushrooms change color. Season with salt pepper a bit of nutmeg, chopped parsly is great as well. Add white wine (about half a cup) and cream (or milk if you want the lighter version) supplement the rest of the liquids with boiling water, bring to a boil and then let simmer for half an hour.
Using a hand held blender blend most of the soup leaving some mushroom slices whole
(you can also reserve about a cup of suateed mushrooms before adding liquids and return to pot before serving.
Serve with croutons.

shevi82

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 10:13 am
chanchy Thanks

Sounds what I was looking for, I'm going to make it tomorow for supper with salmon,baked pots and salad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics