Home

Baby on medication with fever - should I give tylenol?

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

RR

Post Posted: Sun, Nov 22 2009, 11:58 pm       Post subject: Baby on medication with fever - should I give tylenol?
My 4 mnth old already had his first dose for an ear infection. I didnt imagine the fever would go down right away but he does seem very uncomfortable (he has something close to 100) and his next dose would be tomorrow morning. I gave him tylenol, only last night and the night before... if I give it now I hope it will be the last time I'll need it because then the med should really kick in. Whats the story with tylenol. How ok is it to give while hes on antibiotics... etc?

Boys"R"Us

Post Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 9:10 am       Post subject: re: Baby on medication with fever - should I give tylenol?
Tylenol won't affect the antibiotic. You can give the Tylenol every 4 hours, to make him more comfortable.

Debbie

Hodu Lashem

Post Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 9:25 am       Post subject: re: Baby on medication with fever - should I give tylenol?
I use Motrin (Ibuprofen), also fine for babies and I find it is more effective. They sell it specifically for babies with the dropper. Tylenol never really did it for my kids.

You should give your baby a pain reliever until the antibiotic starts to work. I'm surprised that the doctor didn't instruct you to do so when he/she prescribed the medication. Often when I go to the doctor, they administer the tylenol/motrin in the office from their office samples.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1