Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Seperate toothbrushes for meat and milk???

Mommy F.

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 6:16 pm
I heard that some people have a different toothbrush for after they eat meat and after they eat milk.
Does anyone do this? Has anyone done this? Is there a basis to this? Or logic to this?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 7:21 pm
I never heard of that. I have a sep one for Pesach, though.

elf123

Post Sat, Nov 28 2009, 8:40 pm
I had to laugh when I saw this thread title b/c I just got a funny joke via email on a related topic. Hope no one finds this offensive:

Morris Rabinowitz in 1936 fled his native Germany. He sold his assets and made five sets of solid gold teeth with his cash, above the limit he could bring into the U.S.

When he arrived in New York the customs official was perplexed as to why anybody would have five sets of gold teeth. So Morris explained:

"Jews who keep kosher have two separate sets of dishes for meat products and dairy products but I am so religious I also have separate sets of teeth."

The customs official shook his head and said, "Well that accounts for two sets of teeth. What about the other three?"

"Very religious Jews use separate dishes for Passover, but I am so orthodox I have separate teeth for Passover meat and for Passover dairy food."

The customs official shook his head and said, "You must be a man of very strong faith to have separate teeth for meat and dairy products and likewise for Passover. That accounts for four sets of teeth. What about the fifth set?"

Morris looked around and spoke softly. "To tell you the truth," he said, "once in a while I like a ham sandwich."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics