Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you give your children the MMR vaccine?

Do you give your kids the MMR vaccine?
Yes. I do not have any hesitation about it.  
 58%  [ 40 ]
Yes, but I am concerned about the risks.  
 29%  [ 20 ]
No. I am too concerned about the risks.  
 5%  [ 4 ]
My children are too young for it, but I do plan to give it.  
 4%  [ 3 ]
My children are too young for it, but I do not plan to give it.  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 68

amother

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 8:49 pm
Do you give your children the MMR vaccine? If you don't, why not?

saw50st8

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 8:56 pm
We delayed the MMR slightly (a few months) and gave it standalone. I debated delaying it more, but because he is in daycare, I think the risks of getting diseases outweighs potential problems. He handled the shot fine.

NativeMom

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 8:57 pm
yes

tziviakayla

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 8:58 pm
Yes, I do give it to my children. A few have gotten a slight rash following the vaccine, but otherwise have been just fine,

Boys"R"Us

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 9:41 pm
We always gave all the recomended vaccines, and and some extras too. For example, with some of my kids, we paid extra for the chicken pox vaccine, before it was included in the free ones (Canada).

~Debbie

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Dec 19 2009, 9:47 pm
No hesitation, but if I had little kids now I would try to stagger the shots they get at one sitting.
I've been hearing that that a lot of the people with mumps had the shot, must have been a weak batch. Scary.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 2:55 pm
I did and do give my children the standard recommended shots.
My 16th month old had the MMR and another vaccine (forgot which one) on the same day, both containing LIVE viruses.
I am almost sure she reacted to these shots. Next time, I"YH, I would give one at a time, rather then both together!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:38 pm
When my twins turned 1, my dr asked us if we wanted to give the vaccine as 1 shot (MMR together) or we can split the shots into 3 doses - 1 measels, 1 mumps and 1 rebella. We opted to split them up, a month apart. They got the measles and rebella. They stopped making the Mumps vaccine (by itself) and my girls are out of luck, espcially since the mumps is going around now. The dr said we can either give the entire MMR shot to them now, even though they already got measels and rebella, or we can just wait until they turn 4 and get the MMR booster. So we are waiting until they turn 4, but I would NOT recommend splitting the shot for that reason alone.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 5:40 pm
amother wrote:
When my twins turned 1, my dr asked us if we wanted to give the vaccine as 1 shot (MMR together) or we can split the shots into 3 doses - 1 measels, 1 mumps and 1 rebella. We opted to split them up, a month apart. They got the measles and rebella. They stopped making the Mumps vaccine (by itself) and my girls are out of luck, espcially since the mumps is going around now. The dr said we can either give the entire MMR shot to them now, even though they already got measels and rebella, or we can just wait until they turn 4 and get the MMR booster. So we are waiting until they turn 4, but I would NOT recommend splitting the shot for that reason alone.

Wow, things have changed a bit. But while I think it's great to give M, M, and R separately, I was also thinking of those times we went in for shots and got a few - individuals and compounds, so more than just those three, which are traditionally combined - at a time. What a system overload!

jemappelle

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 12:20 am
we've waited until the kids were over 2 years old and then gave the MMR - 1 shot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics