Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
The Longest Pesach

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 7:50 pm
when my husband mentioned going to Botanic Gardens tomorrow, I mentioned I (we?) have a lot to do.
he said I should just leave all the pots/pans, etc for now. we'll eat on plastic for shabbos and eat leftovers. maybe I'd make a cholent (not near the pesach stuff) and he wouldn't even mind eating matza.
I'm too tired to put all the stuff away now...
maybe I'll get to it tomorrow...
Would you "keep" Pesach an extra 2 days for convenience sake? (aside from maybe some pizza for lunch tomorrow??)

amother

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 7:57 pm
Yes!!! You dh says it's ok...go for it! Very Happy

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 8:04 pm
it's a inyan to 'shlissel' the challah the first shabbos after pesach... what are you gonna do?

It's hard for everyone... not much of a choice. My husband helped me a lot with putting away the pesach, the laundry is being washed now, and tomorrow all I have to cook is cholent and fish (soup is in freezer, challah and kugel we'll get from my MIL) - it's not as ba as it sounds.

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 9:10 pm
My kitchen was pesachdik for a few days before pesach and tonight I have been cooking food for shabbos on my pesach dishes. We are forsure eating on plastic this shabbos. So tomorrow I hope to basically be spending most of the time putting the kitchen back to normal and not cooking much if anything since tonight I made the chicken.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 9:39 pm
it's a minhag in my part of town that we put away the Pesach before any chometz comes out. I'm just curious, is there anyone else that has this 'minhag'?

As soon as Pesach is over, there are certain people that just can't wait another second for their precious chometz.

So how 'nuts' am I for sticking to this adamantly? P.S. I don't feel like I'm nuts. I stay up all night and work almost single handedly. And I feel taken advantage of when my husband doesn't help, but wants his chometz right away, and puts such unbearable pressure on me.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 9:47 pm
Of course we put our pesach away first. it's not a minhag; its a matter of practicality; you dont want the chometz an pesach stuff mixing up.

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 9:47 pm
you arent nuts, it makes the most sense to put everythign away. we just finished now at 12:45 and I just had my first chametz

miriam

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 9:49 pm
Nope, still haven't had chametz. I made matza pizza tonight.

shayna82

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 9:50 pm
o miriam miriam miriam... enjoy!! (while I chomp on my chips)~~

miriam

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 9:51 pm
chips.... but what did u have that's chametz?

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 10:20 pm
My daughter just walked in with a pizza pie; my son in law stood in line, G-d knows for how long, to get some fresh kokosh cake for my daughter - his new wife. Am I craving any of it? Um....it won't be bad, but I could've lived without it for a while longer...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 6:54 am
I doubt I'll have anything until lunchtime, when I go downstairs for a piece of pizza.

shelly

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 1:36 am
what is matza pizza

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 1:56 am
Quote:
what is matza pizza
I'll tell you LOL
the Pesach when my oldest daughter was a two year old, to our amusement, she asked for "more pizza", when she wanted matza! it does sound similar ( to a two yr. old!)

a younger child made this adorable mistake too.

it seems that the more familiar word was pizza embarrassed Wink

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 7:38 pm
I ended up putting the things away erev shabbos -- B"H it was a long day!!!
we had pizza for friday lunch - that was our first chometz!

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 8:42 pm
dh asked me to leave the dishes until saturday night so he could help me with everything. I agreed, and the only chometz I had was on friday at work. we ate matzah on shabbat and I even cooked fresh food in my pesach pots friday afternoon. I have to say, the matzah tasted blander than ever, having to eat it when it wasn't pesach anymore!

and in the end, he didn't even help me! lol, I should've figured as much. I finally did everything this morning. it took a lot less time than I thought it would have. I should've just done it motzei yom tov and gotten it over with. dh is out right now buying the first chometz that we're going to have in the house since pesach!

chen

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 8:32 am
depending on what day of the week it is and whether or not I am going to work the next day, in some years we extend pesach in the house a couple of days. this year I didn't go to work on friday so I stayed up till the wee hours getting the house back in order--but we still ate pesachdik food all shabbos.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 8:40 am
Mindy wrote:
Of course we put our pesach away first. it's not a minhag; its a matter of practicality; you dont want the chometz an pesach stuff mixing up.

Not if you have a pesach kitchen.

chen

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 7:57 am
DefyGravity wrote:
Mindy wrote:

Not if you have a pesach kitchen.

Well, duh, but most of us don't have that luxury.

ektsm

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 8:12 am
Yup
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen