Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Hasc concert- parking and eating out

rise above

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:17 pm
I am taking dh to the hasc concert on sunday iyH for his birthday.
I am wondering what my best options are in regard to parking and going out to eat b efore the concert. I would rather not have to pay for two parking garages. if it wasn't so freezing out, I would consider taking the train in from flatbush, but with this kind of weather, I don't fancy it.

So, does anyone know the best options for parking either in that area, or near any nice restaurants? we can then take a cab or train across if that would make sense. I haven't done the city eating out thing in a while as I now live in NJ.

Any ideas for a nice restaurant somewhat near the concert hall?

STovah

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:22 pm
Where in the city is the concert?

rise above

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 12:25 pm
Sorry, Avery Fisher Hall- as per their site "Lincoln Center is on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, between West 62nd and 65th Streets and Columbus and Amsterdam Avenues"

rise above

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 2:59 pm
bump!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:22 pm
There are LOADS of restaurants around there. That's at the bottom of the UWS - what kind of food are you looking for?

Also, if you want a reliable list (there are a lot of restaurants with hechsharim that not everyone holds by) - there is a list by Rabbi Schwartz of all of the restaurants that he holds for his orthodox community. (I say this because when I said that his restaurants are the reliable ones, someone on this site got on my case that the others are kosher too) Anyway, I hold by this list... I will not eat at kosher restaurants not on this list in Mnahattan.

Anyway, now that I've said all that, here's the website:

https://ozny.org/docs/kosherlist.pdf

And if you need any info. on the restuarants, I've been to a lot of them ...if not most
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries