Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Camp Scholarship Help

amother

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 12:18 pm
If you received more than the standard $300 deduction as your total amount towards a scholarship at Camp Sternberg please let me know how you accomplished that. I know people that are involved in running the camp and I can't get anyone to give me a better deal even though we absolutely cannot afford the asking price of $2175 (after fees) for one month! My daughter sat at home all summer last year because of the same problem and I would hate for her to have to do that again especially since I'm expecting a baby and after all the help she will surely give me I would like to reward her somehow.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 1:14 pm
TRY jewishcamp.org

amother

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 9:41 pm
I came up with that site too when I tried googling but they don't participate with Sternberg or any other frum camp in NYS except for Camp Emunah. I went there as a kid and most of the girls weren't even religious and I had a very hard time there. I left as soon as my parents came back to get me which was about one day.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 9:47 pm
www.jewishgirlzone.com

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 9:57 pm
What about her going as a mother's helper?

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 11:03 pm
instead of relying solely on the camp's scholarship look around for general camp scholarship funding added together you might get more help - especially if you have extenuating circumstances

GetReal

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
I came up with that site too when I tried googling but they don't participate with Sternberg or any other frum camp in NYS except for Camp Emunah. I went there as a kid and most of the girls weren't even religious and I had a very hard time there. I left as soon as my parents came back to get me which was about one day.

Emunah has changed a lot since you were a kid.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 9:09 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
What about her going as a mother's helper?

I was gonna suggest this. When I was a kid, I wanted to go to Camp Raninu, but there was no way my mom was paying their price. So I went as a part time mothers helper, part time camper. Problem solved!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 9:13 pm
Have you checked UJA scholarships for Camp Dina? In the past, UJA has given not insubstantial scholarships to first-time campers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics