Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Need recommendations: Toddler Tefilla/Music CDs & books

MalkaChaya

Post Tue, Jul 07 2009, 3:01 pm
My little guy is nearly 16 months old. I am looking for some new music for the car as well as some books, etc. for home use. I'd love to find a CD of morning tefilla or other things along those lines that are appropriate for his age (catchy tunes, easy to follow). Also, Shabbos music for Friday afternoon while I cook (and he bangs on pots), general Yiddishkeit-themed music, any other children's music...

Basically, my goal is to build a reasonably decent library of music to rotate through. I want to start teaching more brachas/songs/davening basics and I know music is the best way to do it. It's fun, too!

We are very out-of-town so everything either needs to be available online or I need a store/exact product name so I can send a NY-friend to buy for us.

Thanks in advance!

zigi

Post Tue, Jul 07 2009, 3:08 pm
morah music by suri levilov is great for musical movement. my kids love it.

http://www.eichlers.com/Produc......html this is for volume 2 but she also has volume 1

Mama Shifra

Post Thu, Aug 13 2009, 10:18 am
"Siddur Shema Kolenu" is Israeli produced--but obviously made in China LOL (sung in Sephardit and has girls singing, if you object to that); however, it is sold widely in the USA. It is approved by Rabbi Lau, the former chief Rabbi of Israel. It is a paper siddur (not board book) but has buttons on the side to press in order to hear the various tefillos. My children love it.

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 10:41 am
I know this is an old thread but if you didn't come across My Very First Siddur, we love it! It comes with a book and CD.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 10:44 am
Mama Shifra wrote:
"Siddur Shema Kolenu" is Israeli produced--but obviously made in China LOL (sung in Sephardit and has girls singing, if you object to that); however, it is sold widely in the USA. It is approved by Rabbi Lau, the former chief Rabbi of Israel. It is a paper siddur (not board book) but has buttons on the side to press in order to hear the various tefillos. My children love it.

The children are boys, as far as I know, with little boys voices. And just because it's not with a Yiddish accent, doesn't mean it is "Sephardit" (?). It is simply Israeli Hebrew...

mamadina

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 1:47 pm
Uncle Moishy has a Shabbos cd and a Davening one as well I think its called Siddur Party.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics