Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dh and I had same strange dream-help

amother

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 11:28 pm
I dreamed that I saw Dh's car w/ a bomb under it..it didn't look REAL but it was a bomb..I told DH the next morning and he said "did it explode" I said "no"..then he told me that he also dreamed that there was a bomb under his car and he saw it blow up. Weird. We have NO idea where this came from I.e no movies, news, etc. to explain this. What do you think? Perhaps someone is mad at dh? We can't think of anyone. Should we just ignore this? I just don't know.. TIA!

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Feb 15 2010, 11:34 pm
dh and I occasionally have similar dreams as well. I always find it interesting, but we generally don't try to interpret them. according to the ramchal, there are a few factors that can cause dreams. one of those factors is food. I figure since dh and I eat the same dinner, we may as well have the same dreams.

meanwhile, if the source is not the food, you don't know the actual source. read the ramchal, this is a very interesting topic. basically, if your soul comes into various spiritual beings while you sleep, you may be given some information you wouldn't otherwise have. but you don't know whether the source is "good" spiritual beings or "bad" ones. if the info is from the "bad" ones, chances are it's false. so we really can't interpret dreams because there's no basis for assuming any information given over in the dreams is true.

that being said, calm down and don't have pickle-flavored ice cream tonight. I suspect that would give you REALLY strange dreams.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 2:17 am
well I've heard it said that if you have a dream that distrubs you, you should tell it over to someone who should then interpet it for good for you.

So I'm going to interpet your dream that it's trying to tell you your car is a bomb and it will soon konk out (interpeted from blowing up) and you will be able to afford a new and better car (maybe insurance, maybe some other means) Smile

However, if you are both feeling disturbed by this dream you may want to say the Riboino shel olam tefila that's said during birchas kohanim in front of 3 men. I think that's how it's done. I did that once when I had a bad dream.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics