Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Teriyaki Chicken Salad

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 5:06 pm
I took this recipe off another thread, I have a question and can't the original thread.

"Marinate the chicken breasts in Teriyaki Sauce. Then broil it in the oven until done.

Dressing:
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c vinegar
1/3 c oil
2 T soy sauce

Salad
Cut up chicken
lettuce
Chinese noodles
dressing"

How do I make Chinese noodles? I don't even know what they are. Please help!

Mannys613

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 5:53 pm
Chinese noodles come in a can or a container; try the la choy brand. They are just the skinny brown crunchy noodle things. HTH

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 8:53 pm
Ok. thanks. I wasn't sure, and thought it might be some special type of macaroni. I guess I put in as much as I feel like? no tomatoes or anything?
one more question- how much chicken should I buy? is one package enough? or should I go for 2?

pgk

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 9:08 pm
You can use toasted ramen noodles too.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 10:03 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
Ok. thanks. I wasn't sure, and thought it might be some special type of macaroni. I guess I put in as much as I feel like? no tomatoes or anything?
one more question- how much chicken should I buy? is one package enough? or should I go for 2?

The average chicken breast package size is somewhere between 1.25 - 1.50 lbs. I would think that this recipe is enough for one such package.
About the noodles, just sprinkle a generous amount over the salad. I usually like to place the extra noodles in a serving bowl on the table, as I find that some people like to add more to their plates.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 11:31 pm
you find them near the soup croutons, or macaroni in the supermarket.

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Feb 16 2010, 10:33 pm
This recipe came out delish for R'H so I'm going for round two on purim. question is, can I make the chicken breasts now and freeze them and then just defrost and make the actual salad for the seuda, right before it?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 3:10 pm
PinkandYellow wrote:
This recipe came out delish for R'H so I'm going for round two on purim. question is, can I make the chicken breasts now and freeze them and then just defrost and make the actual salad for the seuda, right before it?

I wouldn't cook the chicken ahead of time.
What I would do is cut up fresh chicken breasts now, and either freeze as is, or freeze it in teriyaki sauce.
Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus