Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Kreplach with Malawach?

Newsie

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 9:46 am
I am trying to make things really simple on myself this year, without sacrificing tradition... I have a package of frozen malawach in the freezer which I find very easy to work with. Has anyone ever made kreplach or something similar with malawach dough? I know the consistency will be different and I don't think I would actually put it in the soup- but just out for snacking at the meal. Any tips would be appreciated

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 9:56 am
Malawach dough has more fat/oil in it than made-from-scratch kreplach dough, as it is meant to be fried/baked. It should be ok if you're frying/baking kreplach as you said you won't be serving in soup.

Newsie

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 9:59 am
Thanks. Do you think I should cook the ground meat before, or just let it cook while I either fry or bake the malawach kreplach

Tamiri

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 10:11 am
You must cook the filling before putting it in the dough.
What you will be making are, essentially, bourekas.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 10:45 am
Thanks for reminding me to make kreplech. I completely forgot about it.

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 10:53 am
Either the bina or mispacha from last years purim has a recipe for "hamentanshen" with the malaweh and fleischig filling. they were soooooo yummy.

Newsie

Post Mon, Feb 22 2010, 3:11 pm
I think it was in bina. And they didn't cook the chicken before putting it in the dough- just cooked it all together.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus