Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Phil and Teds question

Toot

Post Sun, Feb 28 2010, 10:01 pm
For those of you with the Phil and Teds:

1. Do any of the in-line models fold with the second seat on beside the Vibe?
2. Do all of the models besides the Vibe have separate adapters for the second seat?

3. If the answers are that only the Vibe folds with the second todler seat and doesn't have separate adapter pieces (which both seem like very convenient and helpful features) - is it worth all the extra money?

Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 12:28 am
1. Yes
2. I think so
3. I love it

If you have any more questions, you can post & I will respond or pm you.

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 4:45 am
Does the vibe fold with the second seat on the back as well as the front?
I have the sport, and it fold with the second seat on the front, but not on the back. The connector bits to put the seat on the back are built in, but it comes with separate bits for when you want to put the second seat on the front.
And I love my sport - don't think I would pay the extra for the vibe if I was doing it again, since the sport has done so well for me.

Ezrachar

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 6:25 am
I love my Phil and Teds. I have a sport. Youcan't fold it with the seat on the back, but you can with the seat on the front. But it's so easy to slip the seat on and off, and it folds up so much smaller that way IMO, that I wouldn't spend the extra money for the vibe.

It does have separate connectors to put the seat on the front. Ihavn't used it that way yet but will soon.

It's so worth the money...

Dvasha

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 9:08 am
I have the sport too and agree with what the others have said. I know of someone hwo actually got the vibe but preferred the Sport after the fact (can't remember why though).

amother

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 9:44 am
yOungM0mmy wrote:
Does the vibe fold with the second seat on the back as well as the front?
I have the sport, and it fold with the second seat on the front, but not on the back. The connector bits to put the seat on the back are built in, but it comes with separate bits for when you want to put the second seat on the front.
And I love my sport - don't think I would pay the extra for the vibe if I was doing it again, since the sport has done so well for me.

Yes it does fold in both positions with both seats attached. I love my vibe. Does it pay to pay extra $ for the vibe? I think it depends what your needs are. If you need a smaller trunk carriage, maybe the sport is better because it may fold smaller. But the vibes push is great, and so much more comfy for both kids because of the bigger padded seats. The basket is also bigger & more accesible.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 9:46 am
Dvasha wrote:
I have the sport too and agree with what the others have said. I know of someone hwo actually got the vibe but preferred the Sport after the fact (can't remember why though).

I'm the above amother. I have tried both models & the only advantage I found with the sport, is that the whole stroller is smaller.

sky

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 9:46 am
I have the sport and love it. I agree with everyone above that it does fold with the seat in the front, but not the back.
For the back you do not need adapters, only the front.
It is a pain to fold and I don't do it often. But I've also heard the Vibe is also hard to close with the seat on, but I never tried it
(BTW- shop around on prices - I paid less for my sport at a frum store in Lakewood then on ebay - his prices were very good)

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 11:04 am
I also have the sport and love it! The Vibe is HUGE for Argentina so it was definitely out for me. It's really not a big deal to take the seat off to fold, but I don't fold it most of the times I use it. About the connectors...I never even realized they are separate connectors since we just left them on from the day we bought the stroller.

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 11:08 am
I don't know if the Vibe is different but 1 thing I did notice...

When my daughter was born, my son was 2 1/2 and he was sitting in the second seat which I was using in the front. He was a little tall for the seat. His head was hitting the top bar. Once he moved to the reg seat and we were using the second seat on the bottom for the baby, it wasn't a problem.

Again, I don't know if it's the same with the Vibe...

sky

Post Mon, Mar 01 2010, 12:41 pm
I think they fixed the issue with the bar in other models. ds only has the issue with the bar when the seat is reclined. When the seat is in the upright position the seat went over the bar so his head was padded.

Toot

Post Tue, Mar 02 2010, 10:26 pm
Thanks for all the responses!

I would probably only be folding it when getting in and out of the car, which isn't so often. But mind you, I'm very spoiled from a City Mini fold Smile Also, I've heard bad reviews about the canopy and the brake on the Vibe - anyone have bad (or good) experiences?

Also, is it worth getting any of the accessories for a newborn?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 12:58 am
Toot wrote:

I would probably only be folding it when getting in and out of the car, which isn't so often. But mind you, I'm very spoiled from a City Mini fold Smile Also, I've heard bad reviews about the canopy and the brake on the Vibe - anyone have bad (or good) experiences?

Don't know what accesories you are talking about. I don't have any for the vibe. The brake is great. Can't imagine what problems people can have with it. The canopy is great for the front child, but not that great for the second toddler at all. But the canopy on the sport is even worse, because it doesn't cover the second child at all. My kids hate the sun in their eyes, so on real bad days I just put on a cap on toddler # 2, and she looked adorable. If you slide the canopy all the way up, I do think it covers pretty nicely, but I hated the way the stroller looked that way. It made it look queer, but maybe you won't think so. In the winter I don't find it a problem at all, and in case of rain the plastic has fantastic coverage.

sky

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 10:22 am
The canopy on the sport is bad - it does nothing for the front or the back. The break in the beginning is also hard to use - but now after 2 years it is easy.

I bought the carseat adapter and the rain cover. I use both often. (I use the carseat with the back seat even though it says not to. This is my second baby I'm doing that with and so far so good)

The peanut or whatever the holder is that holds the baby in the bassinet looks very convenient. (I don't have it) when I put the baby in the bottom I feel like I'm loading an oven. But keep in mind you don't use it for too often. I've moved my baby to the back by 5 months. As long as they can support their head well I did not keep then in the bassinet.

(The folding in and out of the car is really a pain. We ony do it when we are going on trips. For errands I just use my single in the car. The folding and unfolding is just not worth it)

mamacita

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 5:18 pm
I bought the cocoon and I think it's the most amazing thing ever! I can take the baby in and out without waking him, it's basically like a duffel bag. So easy! He would even nap in it at home occasionally too since it's got a sturdy bottom and sides that stay up.

Toot

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
Toot wrote:

Don't know what accesories you are talking about. I don't have any for the vibe. The brake is great. Can't imagine what problems people can have with it. The canopy is great for the front child, but not that great for the second toddler at all. But the canopy on the sport is even worse, because it doesn't cover the second child at all. My kids hate the sun in their eyes, so on real bad days I just put on a cap on toddler # 2, and she looked adorable. If you slide the canopy all the way up, I do think it covers pretty nicely, but I hated the way the stroller looked that way. It made it look queer, but maybe you won't think so. In the winter I don't find it a problem at all, and in case of rain the plastic has fantastic coverage.

I've heard that since the brake on the Vibe is right in the middle of the handle, you can't really push it with one hand. I do a lot of one handed pushing, like whenever I do a quick grocery trip and I'm pushing the stroller with one hand and holding the shopping basket in the other.

What's the canopy like on the Dash? Is it any better than the Sport?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 8:50 pm
Toot wrote:
amother wrote:
Toot wrote:

I've heard that since the brake on the Vibe is right in the middle of the handle, you can't really push it with one hand. I do a lot of one handed pushing, like whenever I do a quick grocery trip and I'm pushing the stroller with one hand and holding the shopping basket in the other.

I do one hand pushing all the time! Of course as the kids get older, and heavier it gets harder. But that is mainly because the stroller is a three wheller, and nothing to do with the brake. I find four wheelers are more steady, and easier to steer with a heavy load. But if you keep the tires well pumped, then it is fine.

OldYoung

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 8:57 pm
Toot wrote:
amother wrote:
Toot wrote:

I also have the Vibe and have no trouble doing one-handed pushing (weight issues aside), except in the snow! LOL Also, I've seen my friends strollers- maybe Sport?- and the basket is shredded from being weighed down by items inside and dragging on the ground. I think the Vibe is constructed better and sturdier and doesn't have that problem.

MamO3

Post Wed, Mar 03 2010, 9:12 pm
I have the Vibe. Very Happy
The brake is fantastic.
With the Sport a tall child at the back won't be comfortable, his head will lean against the rail, with the Vibe it's well padded even for an older child unless it's in recline position.

I'm thinking of buying a cocoon. I'm just wondering how does it harness onto the stroller if (according to what I hear), it's so simple to attach?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics