Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Suggestions for a flight with an 11 month old

Toot

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 4:44 pm
We are flying from NY to LA with our 11 month old, and I'm a little nervous about keeping her busy and happy. Does anyone have suggestions of good, portable toys to bring along, or any other helpful tips?

Thanks so much!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 7:16 pm
this is more safety then entertainment, but its a lifesaver

http://babybair.com/

Yakira

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 8:28 pm
wrap small and new things up and let her unwrap them. lollies are good to keep her quiet and to suck on at take-off/landing. we bought a thing of post-it notes so DD coiuld take them off one at a time. make sure she is well fed and changed right before you board.

good luck!

myprincess

Post Sun, Mar 21 2010, 9:15 pm
Hi! Im the wrong person to help but I can just say my experience, I flew from NY to FLL this morning at 7am with my 18 month dd, she was HANDS FULL I expected her to be sleeping since she went to sleep very late and I woke her at 5, well she didnt sleep one wink, she leaked on her pjs and was wet till it was safe to get up, and the rest of the flight she was just jumping on my head and my dhs. im zonked didnt sleep one wink either this night, dont ask me why im up now.... but please take something for her to do since I didnt cuz I expected her to sleep and I ended up becoming nuts.... with her.... good luck

4cutekids

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 10:34 am
We just flew LA to NY and back w/ our 10 m. old. I brought her toys I never let her have, her big sister's strawberry shortcake dolls, "dolly"(for a boy you could bring menchies or cars ), mini stuffed dog, she loves to hug it and say "woof" and what my boys called "baby gameboy" an old sesame street toy that plays music and is compact. target has cool toys that make vibrations and songs when you pull the string, that sort of thing keeps them entertained. We gave her a small teffilas haderech, she pretended she was bentching. Just be ready to sing eensy weensy spide 300 times and do this litle piggy and where is thumpkin? I also gave her lollypops and nursed her (I brought a huge tichel, light weight and plenty of coverage) whenever she wanted. oh and the tichel is great for peekaboo. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics