Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My 6-month old son leaks in his diaper at night!

Justlookup

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 11:49 pm
I dont know what to do! I find myself changing the linen every day since he leaks through his diaper every night. This hasen't happened until now. He sleeps on his stomach (dont want to get into that discussion) so it only helps it come out onto the bed, but until recently he hasnt leaked. What can I do?
I dont think his diaper is too small - he has plenty of room there otherwise. Tried chaning companies (before used pampers swaddlers, now tried huggies) but same results.
Any suggestions/ideas?

Nomad

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 11:53 pm
when I had this with ds, I switched to the next size up just at night. I also tried huggies from pampers, and with huggies it was actually worse (I think it was wider around the leg area). but when I went up a size in pampers, that helped

also, I like pampers baby dry better because they have these little beads that absorb more moisture...

good luck!

Last edited by Nomad on Mon, Mar 29 2010, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

NYmommy

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 11:54 pm
Does he still get up for feedings during the night? I change my son's (4 month old) diaper once during the night to avoid leakage. Some babies stay up after their diaper is changed so I usually try doing it before I feed him so he usually falls back asleep while nursing.

Bliss

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 12:05 am
Try changing his diaper again right before you go to sleep. And I find pampers baby dry working well for this.

melbee

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 12:15 am
I third Pampers Baby Dry. We use them only at night and a cheaper brand during the day, b/c ds was constantly waking up soaked in the middle of the night. They have worked great at keeping him dry!

Also, try to aim his ever downward when changing him for his night time diaper. I heard that sometimes they can pee upward and out of the diaper faster, but if you point it downward the back/bottom of the diaper fills up first.

Boys"R"Us

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 12:49 am
When my babies leaked a lot, I would use the next size up diaper, only at night. THat usually does the trick!

Amital

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 1:03 pm
I had this problem, too. I bought some Pampers Night time diapers (and use generic during the day). My baby is now 8 months old and we've had no more problems!

gold21

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 1:22 pm
maybe youre not putting the diaper on perfectly? I find that if the diaper is not put on well, my son will leak through, but if I think about what im doing when im closing the diaper then it doesnt leak usually. make sure those tabs are closed securely, not too tightly and not too loosely. yeah I guess closing diapers is a science, LOL.

LULA

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 2:36 pm
When that starts happening--it's usually an indication that your child needs a bigger size diaper. I often buy the next size diaper--only for nights and then once I run out of the smaller size I move him/her up in the day time too. Good Luck!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 29 2010, 3:02 pm
check the store for a doubler or other liner to insert.

elmos

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 12:50 am
I went thru this with my dd I used huggies overnights one size bigger than she was wearing by day and that worked really well.

Justlookup

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 12:37 pm
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm going to try the next size of pampers baby dry at night and see if that works for him!

WriterMom

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 1:11 pm
Try doubling up the diapers, whether cloth or disposable. My kids are in cloth, and my oldest never stayed dry through the night, in either kind. So we put a disposable on, and then a larger cloth diaper around it, and then a plastic diaper cover. He looked a bit ridiculous but it worked Smile

mandksima

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 3:17 pm
My ds drinks a ton and wets a ton. He is hardly ever dry by morning. I usually don't worry about the diaper or PJs but put a small mattress pad over the crib sheet which is easily removable and I stick it in the wash with the clothes. I won't wake him to change him as he doesn't go back to sleep well and he's older.

He also wets all day long through his clothes if I don't change him quickly enough and he goes through a ton of diapers. He eats a lot and drinks a LOT of water.

Mommy F.

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 6:54 pm
Try huggies overnights

http://doctorsmedicalsupplies......4.jpg

or the pampers that say 'up to 12 hours'
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/I....._.jpg

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 7:05 pm
I went up a size. That's usually how I knew it was time.....soon, he will be on more solids and less liquid, so absorbancy won't be as primary.

Liba

Post Thu, Apr 01 2010, 7:13 pm
Toys R'Us sells really good disposable diaper doublers to add to the absorbency of the diapers. Tranquility sells good boosters as well, and the mini size fits into most sizes of infant diapers, but they are targeted for incontinence and are more expensive.

Usually sizing up is the best bet, but my son gets most of his (liquid) nutrition at night when he is sleeping. We size up two sizes, have him in Huggies overnight diapers and use two booster pads. His bed is occasionally dry this way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics