Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How do you take care of a curly/wavy wig (fall)

MinnieMa

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 9:03 pm
I bought a wavy/curly fall and it looks great right after it's washed. Once I wear it, it loses its curls. How do you care for a curly shaitel if you can't brush it out? Can you use moose? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

hindyg

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 9:19 pm
You can spray it with a spray bottle of water and then scrunch it back up...just the same way you can do with your own hair.

MinnieMa

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 9:22 pm
SO I do.... I mean every night I brush it out and put it under water and let it dry that way--- by the morning it's pretty wavy-- but not as curly as It is after it's washed-- is there anything else I can do?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 9:27 pm
just finger scrunch it, don't comb it, specially when wet!

bulldog

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 10:04 pm
what I do sometimes is in the "shpritz" bottle, I squirt in some conditioner and shake it up and then spray it on the shaitel at night. works for me. you can also put moose, gel in the sheitel and let it air dry.

Tovah

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 10:12 pm
try to comb when wet and the curls will bounce nicer and natural. u can also add mouse if u need it to stay longer.

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Apr 10 2006, 9:00 am
I use a pick on mine, the teeth are pretty wide and thick. I put leave in conditioner on it first then comb it with the pick. It doesn't look as curly as when washed but it looks pretty nice.

Nachisdoll

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 8:16 pm
Did u ask ur shaitel machor? she should have good advice with that...I have a wavy shaitel I use mouse and a shpritz water bottle...but talk to ur shaitel machor thats what shes there for!

happyone

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 10:10 pm
I was told to just spray some water and "scrunch" it. Was also told never to use a brush, but to use a specific type of large comb that won't take the curl out.

mimsy7420

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 10:17 pm
I heard mousse is a bad idea for shaitels because it has alcohol in it which dries out the hair. Maybe there is a mousse that is alcohol free.

Nachisdoll

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 10:36 am
like I said ask your shaitel machor listen to her advice!

granolamom

Post Thu, May 18 2006, 2:10 pm
I just got a very curly wig, shaitel macher said not to use a brush or mousse. she recommends a wide tooth pick and spray gel after washing.
then spray with water and scrunch. I only comb the hair at the nape, it gets knotted otherwise. I don't comb on a daily basis, only after I wash it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels