Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Cheap diapers

Lefty

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 12:37 pm
looking for a store (not online) where I can find diapers for cheap. what brand? what store?
TIA

bnm

Post Wed, Mar 24 2010, 12:52 pm
http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/ has a list each week listing all the sales and coupons available.

chatz

Post Fri, Apr 16 2010, 11:48 am
It really depends where you have access to. For me, the cheapest, closest, and most accessible store is Family Dollar who have their own brand of diapers. I haven't bought there in a while, but the last time I did, it was $10 for 60 (size 3). I keep vacillitating about their quality.

If you have access to Target or Costco or another store that sells at a cheap price but (usually) good quality, check them out. If it's expensive/difficult to get to them, it's no longer cheap. In general, store brands are usually the cheapest.

If you're strapped for cash, check into cloth diapering. I don't know enough about it to give tips.

theotherone

Post Fri, Apr 16 2010, 1:24 pm
target has very reasonable prices both on their own line (up and up) and Luvs. I have been very happy with both. they are cheaper than walmart.

Twizzlers

Post Fri, Apr 16 2010, 1:46 pm
Walgreens Premium Diapers...but they are only a really good value when they go on sale. Every few weeks they have $6 a pack and we stock up big time.

sunspot

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 9:47 pm
landaus in bp has on sale this week 5.99 jumbo luvs

mominlkwd

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 9:50 pm
my sil loves costco brand diapers. She claims they are just as good as brand names for much less

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 9:54 pm
I agree about the Target brand. If I don't get there, I usually get Luvs - there are some frum companies that deliver in Brooklyn and the value boxes are $35-37!
always looks out for sales & stock up!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 9:55 pm
BJs brand is surprisingly good. NEVER had an issue with them

Fabulous

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 10:03 pm
kollel store has luvs on sale every couple weeks for 27 or 28 dollars a case (size 3 is 204)

gold21

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 10:35 pm
we are big fans of Target diapers!!

4ofus

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 10:52 pm
Another fan of Target diapers. I used to swear by Pampers Cruisers only which are expensive. Then I tried the Up & Up, they're awesome!

mc'cutie

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 10:57 pm
we buy at Costco, the diapers compare to huggies.... really like them. The baby wipes they sell are great as well.

greeneyes

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:11 am
Another vote for Target diapers!

Isher

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:54 am
When my son was in diapers we bought the Target brand. Loved them - and the price.

May

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 9:51 am
I find it so interesting that so many people love Target diapers, as those are the only store brand that we have problems with. My son ALWAYS leaks through when he wears Target Up and UP - for us they are the worst diapers.

zigi

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 10:04 am
May wrote:
I find it so interesting that so many people love Target diapers, as those are the only store brand that we have problems with. My son ALWAYS leaks through when he wears Target Up and UP - for us they are the worst diapers.

I liked luvs better for overnight with my older child. the target ones get really soggy, and lumpy. with a younger baby that any way makes more often target is fine.

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 11:36 am
So whats wrong with my kids that they always leak through cheap diapers???

Atali

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:09 pm
Ima2NYM_LTR wrote:
BJs brand is surprisingly good. NEVER had an issue with them

Agreed

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 18 2010, 12:21 pm
I get Family Dollar. Used to get BJ's but they changed manufacturers and the diapers were never the same again. Luvs and Target brands both don't hold anything.

I find it also depends on age/stage of child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains