Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Appendictis??

alwaysquestions

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:12 pm
.anyone fmiliar withappendicitis? im having a stabbing pain somewhere in the abdominal area on the right side. it started out last night. it can come every few sec. took a warm bath now and its slightly better. I do have a hard time with the bathroom lately..I researched online and thats also one of the symptom. im so nervous. but ill wait for tomorrow to see a doc. hope ill be able to sleep this night

chanahlady

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:22 pm
From my DH's experience, the things that made me think it was appendicitis were: a: the pain moved. it started somewhere generalized and then moved toward the lower right quadrant of the belly; and b: he described it as a pain that he had never felt before and couldn't quite describe. And it was appendicitis in his case.

Etopic pregnancy also has similar symptoms to appendicitis, I've read.

Again, if you are concerned and in pain, go to the dr. now. If you're still hesitant, do you have any dr. or nurse friends you can call tonight and ask for advice? Or maybe your insurance has a nurse hotline that you can call and describe your symptoms?

alwaysquestions

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:33 pm
no doctors open now. guess ill wait for tomorrow. hope I wont be getting an attack. dont know whats worse appendicitis or ectopic preg

mommy24

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:36 pm
One of my kids recently had a scare of appencitis, the dr asked him to jump/hop, he said those with appendicits would not be able to or it would really hurt. also do you have an appetite? no appetetite is another symptom. Refua Sheima!

alwaysquestions

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:40 pm
so far have appetite. but was little nausous last night. doesnt it start like I have it lightly then it gets worse? im scared ill get an attack.

mommy24

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:42 pm
it does start slowly, my son had pains for a week by the time I finally took him to the dr. The drs still checked for appendicitis, I also remember the dr saying he would lose his appetite and not be thristy.

alwaysquestions

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 7:45 pm
but what did ur son have in the end? if it wasnt appendicitis what was it?

shanie5

Post Mon, Apr 19 2010, 9:20 pm
another sign I was told is that if you press on the area that hurts, and then let go, it hurts more when you let go, then when u press down (learned this when ds had appendicitis and emergency surgery)

alwaysquestions

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 8:23 am
op here
can it be that im feeling the ovulation pain? im married 4 two yrs and have a baby never felt it before.

chanahlady

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 8:40 am
OP, if it's still bothering you, please go to the dr!

alwaysquestions

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 8:43 am
I went to the doc. waiting for results.
but I was just wondering if it it can be ovulation pain

chanahlady

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 9:12 am
AFAIK, ovulation pain can be sharp but doesn't last for days...

alwaysquestions

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 9:15 am
ok so this didnt last for days.it lasted from sunday night till monday night. tuesday I had cramping already.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 10:39 am
If it is your appendix that's acting up you should be in the ER. This is something that should be taken care of straight away before it C'V ruptures. You would be able to tell if it's not your appendix or kidney stones because the pain experienced with both conditions is absolutely horrific. If you have had this pain for a couple days already chances are it isn't any of these problematic issues because when the pain begins the treatment is pretty much imminent. Can you explain exactly where in your abdomen region there is pain? Can you explain the type of pain it is (throbbing, sharp, etc)? How long does it usually last? Have you taken any antacids or pain medications for it? When was your last period? Any fever?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics