Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Help me make some soup....I don't want to go shopping!

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 1:10 pm
It's cold, it's wet and I am too lazy to go shopping.

Luckily, I have a house full of food. That's one of my problems, my fridge, freezer and cabinets are full, but I go shopping because I don't know what to make with what I have.

I was thinking of cabbage soup because I have a big cabbage, but all the recipes I have are fleishig and I don't have any red meat. I have a couple of chicken necks for soup but don't want to make the soup fleishig unless it's going to be yummy. Like, I don't want it to be fleishig unless it makes use of the taste, kwim?

Anyway, so, if you have a cabbage soup recipe that's Not fleshig, I'll take it.

I also have turkey meat in the freezer, but how long will that take to defrost? I can't use my microwave as it's milchig.

Also healthy gets extra points Smile

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 1:10 pm
Oh, I would also love to make it in a crock pot for dinner, but I don't know if it will cook fast enough. what do you think?

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 1:12 pm
I make parev cabbage soup all the time, and so easy. One litre tomato juice and one litre water. Slice cabbage, dice onion, grate carrots. Spice with salt, pepper, sugar and white vinegar. Cook until cabbage is soft. Has a great tang to it from the sugar and vinegar. Enjoy.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 1:20 pm
sounds good but I don't have tomato juice. Can I use cans of tomatoes?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 1:22 pm
and how much sugar and vinegar?

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 2:20 pm
Never tried cans of tomatoes, but I guess it would be ok...maybe a little thick? I don't have exact measurements for sugar and vinegar - maybe 3 tbsp sugar and 5-6 splashes of vinegar. Good Luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics