Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Please post recipe for portabella mushroom caps

newmom

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 10:26 am
I don't have the usual sauce I make it with handy. Any ideas for easy prep? And is it too much to ask to keep it healthy too? LOL

greeneyes

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 12:27 pm
There is a really good portabella mushroom salad in Kosher by Design. You scrape the black "gills" off the mushrooms using a teaspoon, then brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper & roast at 450 for about 15 or 20 minutes. When the mushrooms are cool, slice them & mixed with baby greens (& maybe grape tomatoes?). The dressing is delicious: a balsamic lemony dressing with chopped fresh basil. (If you need the exact recipe, I can look it up.)

I often roast the mushrooms the way that recipe instructs & slice them & add to my regular vegetable salad. It's a great addition to salad!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Apr 26 2010, 12:56 pm
I make pan-fried portabella mushrooms. Clean mushrooms, slice in 1". Heat 2-3 teasp toasted sesame oil and add mushrooms. Add small amount of salt and generous sprinkle of ground pepper. After about 5min or so when mushrooms start to soften, add 2tbsp soy sauce and 2tbsp dry red wine. Mushrooms will start to yield liquid. Cook on high flame till most of the liquid evaporates. Great with noodles, salad, pasta, rice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes