Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Un-sleep train baby

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 7:45 pm
when my baby was 4-5 mo old we got her to start sleeping alone in her crib after co-sleeping until then.

DD is now 10 mo. We did too good of a job. Now she will only sleep in her crib (or in the car)

We will be traveling/camping 1-3 times this summer, the first being less than a month away. I need her to re-learn to co-sleep with me, or in a stroller, or if I am wearing her. But whenever I try, she thinks its playtime.

Any ideas?

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 8:10 pm
No. Hatzlochah! I reached this point with my kids too.

DD is 3 yrs and she still freaks out if ANYTHING is different than the norm---her bed. (Before the bed, her crib, in her room, etc.)

If everyone "goes to sleep", will she (eventually)?

6coop

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 8:30 pm
My baby (also 10 mos. old) is the same way, although she doesn't even sleep well in the car! What I would say to try is for a few days before the trip, let her fall asleep in her crib and then pick her up and bring her into bed with you and let her spend the night there. This way she's already used to being next to you while she sleeps. The other option is just to wait until you go on vacation, spend 1-2 days of torture with her and then she'll finally just be so exhausted that she'll sleep anywhere.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 9:09 am
NINJM mommy Tongue Out already talk to you re: this

6coop- I have been bringing her to bed to nurse when I go to sleep. It has gotten slight better. she used to play every time to the point where she was wide awake. Now some nights she settles down, but only I'd she snuggles tight against me, ie on top of me, then I cant move (which means I cant sleep). Even this usually takes her 10 minutes to calm down.
Last night I got her to fall asleep on me while I was wearing her. It happened after 20 minutes and a lot of poking and grabbing on her part
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics