Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
1 yr. old with pimples/rash over entire body

lookatthegood

Post Sat, May 08 2010, 9:03 pm
My 1 yr. old had fever for the past few days. I let it go bec I thought it was from the shots she'd received. Tonight while undressing her for her bath , I noticed small red pimples over her entire body. Any opinions as to what this can be?

amother

Post Sat, May 08 2010, 9:08 pm
My 1 yr old dd also has tiny red dots, fever past few days... For her its viral. But contact your dr. My daughter didnt have shots,,, might be something...

lookatthegood

Post Sat, May 08 2010, 9:15 pm
Thanks. Also a bit confused about the infant tylenol/motrin recall. Did you give her that? I heard generic brands are ok.

amother

Post Sat, May 08 2010, 9:22 pm
My dr told me generic is fine. I bought the rite aid brand.

louche

Post Sat, May 08 2010, 9:28 pm
It could be roseola. Take her to the dr.

Boys"R"Us

Post Sat, May 08 2010, 9:58 pm
That's what I was going to say - Roseola. Usually with Roseola, the rash comes after the fever has broken. Once the rash comes out, the child is no longer contagious, and the illness is over.

About the recalls... Just check the lot #'s with the list on the recall notices.

Debbie

leomom

Post Sat, May 08 2010, 10:51 pm
I will third roseola! But obviously, ask your doctor. (Can we take bets, though?)

Hadassah81

Post Sat, May 08 2010, 10:52 pm
I fourth roseola. Very high fever for a few days then a rash of small/tiny red pimple like dots. Most common in infants. My DD had it. Scared me something terrible though!

lookatthegood

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 12:00 am
Wait a min. so what on earth is this roseola? scary? Where did she get if from? Do I must go to dr? Does this hurt her?

Hadassah81

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 12:22 am
Here is a link http://kidshealth.org/parent/I.....html#

its generally pretty mild, nothing to worry about, just ensuring the fever is monitored:

"Roseola usually does not require professional treatment, and when it does, most treatment is aimed at reducing the high fever. Antibiotics cannot treat roseola because a virus, not a bacterium, causes it."

BUT, best to go to your Dr to confirm that is actually what your child has.

lst

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 12:25 am
Chances are a doctor will not confirm 100% that it's roseola. It could be, but there are hundered of viruses that have rashes with/after fever. Your doctor will probably say its either roseola or another virus. Either way it's probably not dangerous. I'd probably speak to the doctor anyway, to make sure it's not from the shots.

amother

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 6:39 am
Don't assume, or guess.Take your child to the DR!

GoodEnough

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 7:36 am
Has the fever disappeared now? I was also alarmed when my son got this a few months ago, took him to the doctor, all I said was baby had high fever for 3 days and today the fourth day fever is gone and he's covered in a rash - dr gave the baby a glance and said it was roseola. It's nothing to worry about, but I would suggest to go to the doctor just to be sure.

lookatthegood

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 1:17 pm
For the records,I did take dd to Dr. and yes Dr. did say it looked like roseola. Thanks everyone for calming me down about this. It helped.

ysydmom

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 2:56 pm
I would also guess roseolla but it also might be hives which can be an allergic reaction to something or a reaction to strep.

I would check out both possibilities.

Refuah Shelamah.

leomom

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 7:48 pm
Refuah sheleimah! Roseola looks much worse than it really is, don't worry!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics