Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken recipes/ideas- NOT sweet
Previous  1  2

mrsERK

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 4:58 pm
Pulled Chicken in a Crock Pot

1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced

1. Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
2. Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
3. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
Makes 8 servings.

suzyq

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 9:36 am
I do a chicken and rice dish that is delicious. I spread rice on the bottom of the pan. I then take an onion and a can of mushrooms and spread them on top of the rice. On top of that, I put pieces of chicken (I usually use thighs and take the skin off, but you could leave the skin on and use whatever pieces you want). On top of the chicken, I sprinkle pepper and garlic and some onion soup mix. Then I take two cans of condensed mushroom soup and one can of water and pour it all on top. Cook covered for 1-1/2 hours at 350, then uncover, sprinkle some paprika on top and cook for another half hour. It's absolutely delicious and it's a main and side dish in one.

mosma

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 12:36 pm
easiest and delicious: pour duck sauce over chicken and bake covered for 1.5 hours then uncover last 10 min. no one believes it's just duck sauce.
also: cornish hen (or chicken but I don't need that much) covered in greek seasoning and garlic salt, pop open a beer can, shove it up the chicken, and bake for 45 min on 400 so the can is standing with the chicken sitting on top of it. comes out amazing and u can chop veggies around it for a side dish at the same time in the oven. be careful when it's done and you pour out the beer--it's going to be hot!

shanie5

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 1:26 pm
mosma wrote:
easiest and delicious: pour duck sauce over chicken and bake covered for 1.5 hours then uncover last 10 min. no one believes it's just duck sauce.
also: cornish hen (or chicken but I don't need that much) covered in greek seasoning and garlic salt, pop open a beer can, shove it up the chicken, and bake for 45 min on 400 so the can is standing with the chicken sitting on top of it. comes out amazing and u can chop veggies around it for a side dish at the same time in the oven. be careful when it's done and you pour out the beer--it's going to be hot!

The duck sauce is my kids favorite. The only difference is I cook it uncovered for 2 hours.

curlytop

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 1:31 pm
sruth1 wrote:
Easy and quick recipe,
Mix ketchup and mustard, coat well on chicken and sprinkle with garlic and onion powder
. Bake for 1 hr 15 minutes at 350. I usualy do not like mustard but you do not get a mustard taste.

Thinking of trying this tonight.
Whats it like; will my kids go for it?

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 2:15 pm
Here are a few ideas:
- 11/2 tsp paprika, 2T. honey, 2T. mustard, 2 cloves garlic, minced, salt and pepper.
-(has to marinate overnight officially, I just poke chicken with a knife to let the flavor penetrate):
2-3 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup oil, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Before putting in oven, sprinkle some flour.
- 1/3 cup oil mixed with 2T. paprika, 1 T. garlic powder, 1T. onion powder 1 tsp salt

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, May 12 2010, 5:31 pm
Lime Garlic Chicken

Ingredients

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
* 2-3 tbsp olive oil
* 2 medium heads garlic, diced
* 1 lime, halved
* lemon pepper to taste

Directions

1. Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 3 to 4 minutes, until it starts to change color. Saute coated chicken strips in olive oil and garlic for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through and juices run clear.
3. Squeeze lime over chicken and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Serve hot.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey