Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
ISO Easy Cheese Cake - non bake.
Previous  1  2

BinahYeteirah

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 11:30 am
PinkandYellow wrote:
This is chocolate moose's recipe. I prefer it bec its simpler and more like what I made in elementary school growing up.

DAIRY NO BAKE TRIANGLE CHEESECAKE - Sounds like more work than it
actually is, from Beis Rivka's afterschool program

1 package tea biscuits, twin pack if possible, with light and dark, otherwise just use one kind
1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup wine combined in cup

For filling:
3/4 cup Farmer's or ricotta cheese
2 oz (1/2 stick) margarine or butter, softened
1 whole egg
1 pkge vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla
sugar, to taste, approx 1/4 cup
Take 15 light tea biscuits and dip into liquid for just an instant.
Lay next to each other in five rows, three biscuits across, on foil.
By hand, mix cheese filling ingredients until smooth. Spread less than half the filling over light biscuits. Take fifteen dark biscuits, dip again, and lay out in same position. Spread rest of
filling on top and pick up foil, making the top meet to form a triangle. Pinch to keep shape and freeze for an hour to set. Glaze with melted chocolate chips and pour over frozen cheesecake. Cut
into 1/2 inch slices to serve. You can also keep this cake in the freezer from week to week.

*Side note- I find that making the triangle is hard, when you think of it, a triangle within a triangle of the same size doesn't really go esp with the filling there. this year I will try making the bottom (outside) layer with an extra row or two, 16 or 17, so that the inside layer fits better with 15 biscuits.

So we just made this one. I don't think I did it right. The center of the triangle was empty, because there wasn't enough filling to fill it up. I made it so that the sides of the triangle were the long sides of the tea biscuits. I guess I was supposed to make the sides of the triangle with the short sides. Oh, well, I bet it tastes good anyway! I'm going to do a couple more with my other kids soon, so we'll try that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus