Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Any harm in giving the census ppl info?

happy chick

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 6:26 am
is there any harm in giving ppl knocking on your door info? assuming, you beleive they are from teh bureau. just last name, first initial, dob and number of ppl in household

kalsee

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 7:19 am
What kind of harm ? Ayin Hara?

happy chick

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 7:23 am
no, I mean like identity theft. its such vague info, dont think it will take anyone very far.

YALT

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 7:29 am
It should be fine. Just be sure they are FROM Census Bureau & not just saying it. Apparently there were 2 guys going around pretending to be from them.

http://www.crownheights.info/I.....26487

rivka6

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 1:11 pm
if you sent in the form in April, they should NOT be at your door.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 1:13 pm
rauw wrote:

I sent in the form way before April and they're still coming to my door leaving papers that they still need to complete a phone interview.
I did it and now I have people coming to conduct an interview on THE QUALITY of the census taker.
Rolling Eyes

rivka6

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 1:19 pm
I had no idea. Sorry. Wow, it isnt enough to have filled in all the boxes?

abismommy

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 11:28 pm
Dunno. I had a pestering person leaving messages for my husband (who is never home) for almost a month to finish the census, even though he had done the whole thing correctly. When they called the 1st time I told them that he filled it out. Finally I told them that we did it together (partially true; he couldn't remember all the birthdates Smile ) and I was allowed to answer their questions.

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 11:34 pm
I mailed it back. You should give them info if you know it's valid. There is no real personal info involved.

bubby

Post Tue, May 25 2010, 11:38 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
rauw wrote:

I sent in the form way before April and they're still coming to my door leaving papers that they still need to complete a phone interview.
I did it and now I have people coming to conduct an interview on THE QUALITY of the census taker.
Rolling Eyes

Then this is probably bogus. I met a nice Census Bureau lady on my block & we began to chat. I asked if she was coming to me because all I filled out (& I mean ALL, not even our name) was the # of people in our house. She checked & said no, because legally, that's all that was required.

OP raises a very good point. These scammers are ingenious: they find a way to con us every time. Be careful! Check their identity & credentials. If you're suspicious, call the cops.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics