Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pls recommend safe crib that requires minimum bending

amother

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 12:14 pm
hi, the baby has a pack n play.
he was on the top/bassinet area, but now that he's close to 15 pounds, we had to move him to the bottom.
he's almost six months old.
it's very hard to bend down to pick him up and put him down in it. especially post cesarean.
it hurts the stomach area when I bend to put him in or take him out, or take toys out of his playpen.

can you recommend a good crib that is safe for him and does not require so much bending for mom?

pls post suggestions, recommendations, info.

thank you

brbs

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:14 pm
I have the baby;s dream generation next. It's not a trasitional drop down so it is safe but the side folds down so it is easier to get the baby in and out.

I never had a c-section so maybe I'm outta line but should you still be hurting 6 months later?

http://www.kids-n-cribs.com/ba.....-crib

brbs

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:20 pm
I have the baby;s dream generation next. It's not a trasitional drop down so it is safe but the side folds down so it is easier to get the baby in and out.

I never had a c-section so maybe I'm outta line but should you still be hurting 6 months later?

http://www.kids-n-cribs.com/ba.....-crib

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:22 pm
Hatzlacha in willi has a great sturdy crib.

mamommommy

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:25 pm
No crib is going to require you to bend like the pack n' play, which is practically on the floor. You may have a problem of having to reach over a side rail, but most cribs are at least a couple of feet off the ground even at their lowest height. Are you interested in a full-size crib? If space is an issue, you can buy a portable crib which is the same size as a pack n' play, but it works like a real crib.

amother

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 9:12 pm
flowerpower wrote:

I don't understand this sentence?

mamommommy

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 9:32 pm
amother wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

I don't understand this sentence?

I think she means the store called Hatzlacha that's in Williamsburg.

amother

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 6:46 pm
I was thinking about one of these cribs:

does anyone know which requires the least bending? and whether they are the same mattress size as a regular crib or as a pack n play or neither? and whether the higher level can be used for babies over 15 pounds?
(with pack n plays, the weight limit for the higher level is when baby weighs 15 pounds. what about with cribs? I would think maybe for a crib, it would be the same weight limit regardless of level? or is it a weight limit like a pack n play? I want to know for putting baby in and out to sleep, and also for changing baby's diapers.
once the baby can sit or stand up, then hopefully I won't have to bend so much to put him in and out (since he'll stand on his own), and I'm wondering if I could then use the higher level of the crib as a diaper changing station, or is there a weight limit for that?

all info helpful. thanks!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....91931
ikea sniglar crib 79.99, does not include mattress, is there a weight limit for the higher level? can it be used for diaper changing and for babies over 15 pounds? looks small but not portable. can we use the mattress and linen from the pack n play? is it the same size?

http://www.google.com/products.....ng=tp
Storkcraft Tuscany 4 in 1 Crib with Stages in Espresso, has 106 reviews with an average of five stars, by 8 sellers. costs about $200 when adding in shipping and tax, without mattress.
looks not portable, very big, does not include mattress, more expensive than the other options, won't fit in our bedroom unless we move out furniture, but it can later be used as a toddler bed. can it also hold the weight of an overweight adult?

Delta Fold Away Portable Crib - Cherry 4470-604, costs about $100 and includes mattress (that is suggested to be replaced, but at least could start out with it). it's smaller than the average crib, which gives the baby less space for movement, but it's easier to move between rooms and fit in tighter areas, and has wheels and folds up. can we use the same size linen as the pack n play? also, is there a weight limit for the higher level? can it be used for diaper changing and for babies over 15 pounds?

I need to get one as soon as possible. thanks!

amother

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 7:01 pm
amother wrote:
I was thinking about one of these cribs:

does anyone know which requires the least bending? and whether they are the same mattress size as a regular crib or as a pack n play or neither? and whether the higher level can be used for babies over 15 pounds?
(with pack n plays, the weight limit for the higher level is when baby weighs 15 pounds. what about with cribs? I would think maybe for a crib, it would be the same weight limit regardless of level? or is it a weight limit like a pack n play? I want to know for putting baby in and out to sleep, and also for changing baby's diapers.
once the baby can sit or stand up, then hopefully I won't have to bend so much to put him in and out (since he'll stand on his own), and I'm wondering if I could then use the higher level of the crib as a diaper changing station, or is there a weight limit for that?

all info helpful. thanks!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....91931
ikea sniglar crib 79.99, does not include mattress, is there a weight limit for the higher level? can it be used for diaper changing and for babies over 15 pounds? looks small but not portable. can we use the mattress and linen from the pack n play? is it the same size?

Storkcraft Tuscany 4 in 1 Crib with Stages in Espresso, has 106 reviews with an average of five stars, by 8 sellers. costs about $200 when adding in shipping and tax, without mattress.
looks not portable, very big, does not include mattress, more expensive than the other options, won't fit in our bedroom unless we move out furniture, but it can later be used as a toddler bed. can it also hold the weight of an overweight adult?

Delta Fold Away Portable Crib - Cherry 4470-604, costs about $100 and includes mattress (that is suggested to be replaced, but at least could start out with it). it's smaller than the average crib, which gives the baby less space for movement, but it's easier to move between rooms and fit in tighter areas, and has wheels and folds up. can we use the same size linen as the pack n play? also, is there a weight limit for the higher level? can it be used for diaper changing and for babies over 15 pounds?

I need to get one as soon as possible. thanks!

please- has anyone ever used any of the above cribs or something similar? does anyone have any info about whether they are good or not?

abismommy

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 7:37 pm
I don't know about the 1st 2, but I have the delta 3-level. My kids have slept in it until about 30 lbs and it's sturdy. The drop-side is a little bit of a pain because it needs 2 hands, and you don't have 2 hands when youre trying to put down a sleeping baby, but you can do one side at a time and the rail will still lower.
Added bonus: I have a changer that came with a pack 'n play and it fits over the crib rails nicely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics