Home

BF'ing Baby Refusing Breastmilk Bottles

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Post  Fri, May 28 2010, 2:36 am
My 7 1/2 month old baby has always been picky with her bottle. She takes it begrudgingly from the babysitter while I'm at work. Last week because of Y"T, I only worked Monday (I don't work Fridays) and I nursed all week. When I picked her up from the babysitter Monday, she told me that the baby barely took 1 ounce (she usually takes about 5). Since then, she hasn't taken it at all. I started her on solids about 3 weeks ago, so she has that while I'm gone, but nothing else for 6 hours.

WTD??

amother

Post  Fri, May 28 2010, 3:50 am
My oldest was like that she never took a bottle, there were 2 times where I had to leave her with someone for a long period of time and she waited to eat till I came back. I had no choice. I left her with bottles and she refused them.

My thery is that if they are really thirsty they will drink, try giving your baby something to drink in a real cup, see how that goes, tell the babysitter to give her the bottle in a different place, position than she usually does.

It is really hard and fustrating but if the baby is really thirsty they will take it.

Good luck.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h