Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby HATES her stomach

curlytop

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:37 pm
She's 6 months, rolls from front to back (occasionally, I think she is very lazy Tongue Out ) ,and she basically sits BH. But she HATES her stomach. I know its my fault I haven't been so good about tummy time, every time she goes on her stomach she screams bloody murder... how can I ease her into it??
I try to do it 2x a day , at least for 5 minutes each time, but she screams and screams like I'm torturing her

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:38 pm
Get her interesting tummy toys. You have to keep on doing it. It is very important for her physical development. I wasn't strict and now dd and I are suffering.

curlytop

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 3:53 pm
I put toys in front of her and put her on the mat with pictures on it.. but she still screams.. will it ever get better...

jackiejoel3

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 4:02 pm
Lay on your back on the couch and put your baby on her stomach on your stomach. smile make faces whatever. She will probably last longer this way then on the floor and as her strength grows she will then last longer on the floor. Don't stop the 5 minutes on the floor but add this in. It really works. It's not as good as being on the floor but it will strengthen her neck muscles and arm muscles because she will look up to see your face.

curlytop

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 4:07 pm
jackiejoel3 wrote:
Lay on your back on the couch and put your baby on her stomach on your stomach. smile make faces whatever. She will probably last longer this way then on the floor and as her strength grows she will then last longer on the floor. Don't stop the 5 minutes on the floor but add this in. It really works. It's not as good as being on the floor but it will strengthen her neck muscles and arm muscles because she will look up to see your face.

Good idea I'll try this

Strawberry

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 4:18 pm
I had the same problem with ds. I also did not put him on his tummy too much and then he hated it. I tried some of the ideas mentioned here and after a while he stopped screaming and was fine. I think the best is several short sessions a day and slowly increase the amount of time.

Good luck Very Happy

amother

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 4:53 pm
http://www.brighthub.com/educa......aspx

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 2:37 am
don't do it when she has a full tummy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics