Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Converting 8MM camcorder tapes

Merrymom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 12:28 am
I want to convert my 8mm camcorder tapes to dvd. Does anyone know how I can do this with my own equipment, in other words I don't want to drop off my many 8mm tapes and pay an arm and a leg for an hour's worth of dvd play. I think if they can do it so can I, I just need to know what to buy.

yummydd

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 12:57 am
I am also looking to do that.

brbs

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 1:19 am
my parents just did this. They mailed around 2 dozen tapes and got back a dvd. I think it was under $30. It was someplace in colorado let me know if you want the name..

Merrymom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 12:22 pm
brbs wrote:
my parents just did this. They mailed around 2 dozen tapes and got back a dvd. I think it was under $30. It was someplace in colorado let me know if you want the name..

I would love to know the place although truthfully it makes me a little nervous having all my precious memories floating around the U.S. Postal Service somewhere. Would it cost the same if I did one tape at a time (to lessen the risk)?

mommy79

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 1:27 pm
I did it at Costco $20.00, plus you can do up to 2 hours per DVD and you get 2 copies of each DVD.

Merrymom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2010, 10:03 pm
mommysashie wrote:
I did it at Costco $20.00, plus you can do up to 2 hours per DVD and you get 2 copies of each DVD.

Oh, that's good to know. The only place I knew of was Walgreens and they only do an hour's worth for about $40 for one dvd.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics