Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How long can I let baby cry
Previous  1  2

freshie

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 12:37 pm
marina wrote:

But 10-15 min isn't bad. It is not dangerous for babies to cry, it's just that at this age she's still a bit young to learn to self-soothe.

and what if they can self-soothe? I have that with my ds I do that very rarely and feel very guilty about it. If I leave him crying (not hungry) he will stop after 10 minutes either by falling asleep or he just stays quiet in a good mood.
I feel guilty as maybe its causing him to feel helpless so he just gives up even though he is usually content once he has stopped.

yaelinIN

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 12:39 pm
ditto what inspired said. if you are short on cash, you can buy 6 yrds of gauze (made of linen or cotton) at the fabric store and wrap with that (you don't even have to hem it). I have done that rather then spending the cash on a "real" wrap.

amother

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 1:33 pm
mine sleeps perfectly outside on the backyard in the stroller, but not in the house, you can try this unless you leave in apartment

good wifey

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 4:19 pm
a baby swing or bouncer shud work...

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, Jun 09 2010, 1:14 am
Sounds to me like you're doing okay. It doesn't sound like you "beshita" let your baby cry, but if you have to put her down for a couple of minutes here and there, it's fine. She is young though, so I wouldn't do it too much just yet.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics