Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
One Dish-Chicken and Potato Kugel

qtpie

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 7:19 am
There was a recipe recently in Hamodia magazine for a one dish chicken and potato kugel that u back together. I believe by Tamar Ansh. Anyone have it and can post it?

TIA! Gut Shabbas!

lech lecha08

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 8:01 am
Bumping this up because I'm also interested

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 8:06 am
I also am - I got excited when I saw the reply !!!!

mrsERK

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 8:08 am
Oh that sounds wonderful - I hope someone can find the recipe!!

momaholic

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:49 am
I do not know that recipe but my m-i-l makes that. she makes a regular potato kugel and then puts in like 10 polkas in the pan and pours the potato kugel mixture over it and bakes it. it really is yummy!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 12:16 pm
I guess it's worth a try .. I'd think that the kugel would be topped with the chicken, but if that's what she does and it work, OK.

momaholic

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 12:19 pm
the chicken gives the kugel a very good taste because it is cooked in the kugel. I think if it were on top, it would not give the same flavor.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 12:21 pm
Wouldn't it? If you top rice with chicken, the fat drips on it and it's excellent.

Shopmiami49

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 12:42 am
This sounds exactly like yapchik, just with chicken instead of meat...

mommyofnineka

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 3:50 am
for some reason I can't find it although I looked through my old Hamodias. Are you sure it was Hamodia and if so, if you know which week and I'll look again.
There is also a recipe to put steak inside your potatoe which is equally yummy. You make a potatoe kugel recipe and either put have in a pan, add sliced, raw meat or steak and then add the other half of the kugel. or you can just mix small pieces of sliced, raw meat or steak to the kugel mixture

OldYoung

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 6:31 am
It was in the Hamodia! I believe it was in the Pesach edition, (maybe a recipe supplement?) and would appreciate if someone could post the recipe too! I saw it at my inlaws, but the back page was ripped off and I think that's where the continuation of the recipe was...

saralea

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 10:41 am
I didn't save it, sorry! I think it was a regular potato kugel recipe on the bottom with chicken laying on top with roast chicken spices. You bake it uncovered. HTH!

momoffive

Post Fri, May 28 2010, 4:49 pm
I know its too close to Shabbos to do anything with it this week (and I am signing off as soon as I finish this - had a manic day and am all done so toook 3 minutes "me time") but it may be hard to find as it was a Pesach recipe. I modified it so can only give you my version but my kids LOVED it: 1 recipe potato kugel, flaked chicken (1 whole chicken I had used for a 24qt stockpot of soup)and duck sauce or barbecue sauce. 1/2 kugel in 9 x 13 pan, chicken and sauce (to taste) and the rest of the kugel. Bake. Yum! Gut Shabbos!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 11:44 am
So, the recipe is: kugel, chicken, sauce?

shanie5

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 4:57 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

from the previous post, it seems that u top the sauce with the rest of the kugel.

yummydd

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 5:00 pm
I do this with minced chicken on the bottom and potatoe kugel on top.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 5:55 pm
shanie5 wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

from the previous post, it seems that u top the sauce with the rest of the kugel.
Right. It appears to be kugel, chicken + sauce, kugel.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 3:56 pm
I have it cooking right now and it's very slow going as it's so thick. it got brown on top but dh said it was raw in the middle.

also, you can't discern the chicken with kugel on top of it.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 11 2010, 4:35 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I have it cooking right now and it's very slow going as it's so thick. it got brown on top but dh said it was raw in the middle.

also, you can't discern the chicken with kugel on top of it.

If there's still time, brush some oil on the top and bake uncovered. This helps the top brown faster. Some kugels need this.
Good Shabbos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus