Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Leftover Roast

Chanie

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 10:58 am
Looking for a way to serve the leftover roast as a new dish. I thought of maybe chopping the meat and making a shepard's pie, or maybe making some sort of white sauce with meat to serve over pasta.
Love to hear some good ideas. Thanks!

LikeMeDoes

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 11:25 am
My mother has made leftover chicken into a casserole, it could probably work the same way with meat.
Fry an onion, cut the roast into little pieces and then add a can of tomato sauce (or two - depending on the quantity you want) and some salt, pepper etc. When it's boiling, add pasta (in a small shape - like elbows etc).

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 11:31 am
Sautee a few onions (and peppers if you like), add pieces of the roast (cut into small strips), mix it together and pour in bbq sauce. Serve as sandwiches.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 12:46 pm
I am eating mine cold in chunks in a salad.

brooklyn

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 1:39 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Sautee a few onions (and peppers if you like), add pieces of the roast (cut into small strips), mix it together and pour in bbq sauce. Serve as sandwiches.

I was thinking along those same lines except I was going to suggest a wrap or maybe even taco shells.

MOM222

Post Mon, Jun 05 2006, 9:38 pm
Ate mine today in a great sandwich with some lettuce and fries on the side. Yum!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics