Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Couch scotch guard

MinnieMa

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 9:58 am
I recently bought a couch which I believe is not scoth guarded (if that's the word that is supposed to be used). Does anyone know what I can do to protect the couch??

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 3:54 pm
Can you not get it guarded now, here in the UK a lot of carpet cleaners will scotch guard the carpets and couches for you. Maybe it is worth asking a carpet cleaner if they will do it. You could always put a throw (blanket or sheet) over it but that defeats the purpose of getting a new nice couch. Good luck.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 4:01 pm
Buy scotch guard and spray it yourself. In the States you can pick it up at Home Depot. When I bought my couch, the salesman told me that I could do it myself. Of course, I never did it! However, if you do it yourself, I'd recommend spraying a small part of the couch that doesn't show, just in case it stains or discolors.

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 4:06 pm
I just hope that if you do not guard it it is not white. Before we got married we brought a couch that is very comfortable and looks good but it is WHITE it is know a funny shade of grey we never guarded it. So please guard it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry