Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What are the standard pictures one puts in a wedding album?

150 request

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 12:39 am
I just got my wedding pictures and I want to start working on my albums. What are the standard pictures to put in the choson kalla album and the one for the parents? Do you put different pictures in for each side or are there standard pics you have to use?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Grandmama

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 12:54 am
The easiest way to do this is to look at other people's albums, and see what you like or do not like.
The photographers usually have sample albums you can look at to give you an idea.
They also have lists of photos, and order to put them into, but you can change things according to your preferences. It is a lot of work. For the parent albums, they each need the photos that are suitable to their side, and some of the choson kalla as well. It also depends on your budget.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 4:13 am
150 request wrote:
I just got my wedding pictures and I want to start working on my albums. What are the standard pictures to put in the choson kalla album and the one for the parents? Do you put different pictures in for each side or are there standard pics you have to use?

Any suggestions would be helpful!
there really is no standard. its whatever you want. we let my parents and in laws decide what pictures they wanted in their albums and we chose for ours.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 9:26 am
One of the greatest gifts our machutanim gave us was the ability to go beyond 24 pictures for just seven dollars an extra picture, so when I realized I couldn't go below 26, I did 26. Also, we could print off whatever we wanted from the disks, so we have our own proof albums. Not the same quality, but a lot more than 26.
I have a friend who ALWAYS has individual portraits of her kids. I don't get that. I did do a boys' page and a girls' page. YMMV.
Also, make sure the pictures are juxtaposed, e.g. grandparents of one facing the other, etc. if that is important to you.
Something I did the first time and hope to do again, iy"H: have a group picture of the in laws' family. I really like them! Hope I can always say that!

yummymummy

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 12:13 pm
You can put ANY pictures you like into your album (and your parents and in-laws can do the same) it's all about creating an album that will remind you of what was hopefully one of the happiest day of your life for years to come. Usually people start with Chosson, Kallah and family portraits, then pictures of the badekin an chupah, followed by more portraits (with Chosson and Kallah together), then dancing pictures and last page has a Chosson and Kallah portrait. Parent albums generally follow the same order.

I suggest setting up all your pictures in order on a table to make sure that they line up nicely and you haven't missed any pictures that are important to you. Mazel tov!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 1:36 pm
Most of the photographers also have customer service people that will help you and guide you with the layout.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 2:12 pm
I just noticed that you asked about YOUR album as well. Mazel tov, BTW!
I had really wanted to incorporate our invitation into the album but the photographer outsourced the layout and warned us that it may mess up the layout, and we had a lot of juxtaposing pictures, e.g. choson kallah with one set of parents, then with other, candid picture with one grandparent, candid with another, etc., so I just stuck it into the album cover.

At that point, our families were much smaller. I think of the picture of my whole immediate family (with nephews) and my husband's (none at that point) and then the pictures in our parents' album for my daughter. Bli ayin hara! But all that does make in a difference in your choices.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 2:31 pm
Use the ones that came out the best. You don't have to do what everyone else does.

cityofgold

Post Sun, Jul 04 2010, 3:17 pm
When I was doing my album, my mother in law said something smart--
Your wedding album is telling a story. Start from the beginning of the wedding and go through it. Tell the story with the best pictures you can, and then, when you're finished, add in your favorites along the storyline.

150 request

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 4:26 pm
Our families our very lopsided - I have only 1 married sibling he has a few - do I put in my single siblings sept? Do I put in a picturre of each of his married siblings with their families or just the family pic? Do you put in pics of nieces and nephews (I have only 1- he has a few)?

I have grandparents he dosent so does there have to be a n equal amt of pictures for both sides? - Im allowed 50 for my album and 25 for the other 2. I cant think of 50 pictures to put in- Also do you put in pictures of friends? Like a group picture of all of you or is it just supp to be family?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 4:31 pm
150 request wrote:
Our families our very lopsided - I have only 1 married sibling he has a few - do I put in my single siblings sept? Do I put in a picturre of each of his married siblings with their families or just the family pic? Do you put in pics of nieces and nephews (I have only 1- he has a few)?

I have grandparents he dosent so does there have to be a n equal amt of pictures for both sides? - Im allowed 50 for my album and 25 for the other 2. I cant think of 50 pictures to put in- Also do you put in pictures of friends? Like a group picture of all of you or is it just supp to be family?
you really have to just make the album your own.

I got married to a south african and we got married in america. he had hi parents and two siblings there. I had my grandparents and first cousins. it was very "lopsided" as you put it but we put in pictures of all of th efamily and it did not matter if it looked "right". it is our album and we did what we wanted to do.

make it your own, whatever you want. there is no right or wrong here.

busydev

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 4:47 pm
my album I included (not in this order)
pics of two of us. (prob 3-4)
pic of just me (2)
pic of just him (2)
pic of me with parents
pic of him with parents
pics with grandparents- 1 pic with each set (or one in a couple cases)
pic with me adn my sibs
pic with him and his sibs
pic of after chuppah my whole family (my parents, sibs and him and me)
pic of after chuppah his whole family (him me, his parents, all sibs and ILS)
pics of chuppah
pic of badeken
pic of his mom closing his kittel
pic of walking down
pic of extended families- ended up being 3. his family both sides was one pic (only had like 5 relatives from FIL side) my family mothers side adn fathers side
group pics from end with all friends
pic of him and rosh yeshiva dancing
pic of me dancing with my mother
pic of my father giving me a bracha (by badeken)
pic of him dancing with his father
pic that showed a large portion of dancers while dancing

we mostly put it in order of what happened- aside from the firts and last pic which was a pic of two of us.

but you dont have to do it the same- at all. whats accepted is whatever YOU want. but in the pics that you like form your wedding that you will look at and remember fondly

I would assume you prob want portraits of the family members- unless you bedavka want it I would say dont waste pics on having an individual of each sibling. thats for the parents albums I would think

but def include pics from the wedding- I liked the follow the story line idea.

what I did was go thru all the pics and made a pile (with DH we did together) of all the pics we liked. Then we narrowed and narrowed and narrowed till it all fit what we wanted. this was for all pics other then portraits.

for portraits we first went thru all the pics of just me and narrowed to our top 5. did the same with pics of him and pics of us. family portraits we narrowed to our top on or two. .

then we decided which family ones we wanted. and we had (picking a number here-20 portraits) we then filled the other 20 pictures with the ones we liked.we had it all spread out on the table...took over a week to figure it all out (working on it every night)

If you want- ask your parents or inlaws to pick out their own albums. this way they get what they want and you have less to deal with. if they bedavka want you to. then here is what I suggest (of course make changes as you see fit- or come up with all of it yourself) (this is what I prob would have done)

start off with one of teh two of you. then pic of you, pic of him. pic of child with parents. pic of all sibs together. indivdual of each sib. (or if they have spouses/family then each family) pics with grandparents (for that side) some from tish, kabbalas panim, badekin, chuppah.... pic of whole family (parents, you and him, sibs and sibs in law and neices/nephews) pic of extendded family (cousins, aunts uncles) (another pic of you,) pics from dancing- one of you with mother/MIL, one of him with the same (well fatehr) dancing pics with siblings etc. maybe (depending) include a family pic(parenst sibs etc of other side- some like that some dont) pics from sheva brachos of relatives saying brachos. end with pic of you two. Thats what I would suggest.

busydev

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 4:52 pm
Just wanted to reiterate- most imp (which you may not be able to tell from my somewhat confusing post)

put in pics that YOU (and DH) want. it should be soemthing that you look back on and has your good memories. Def include pics other then portraits- your wedding was not just about posed portraits but a whole lot more. and its fine if its "lopsided". has no bearing in the long run. if you want maybe see if you can put a couple pics on one page (sometimes can- sometimes they charge more) this way you can have 3 seperate pics of siblings (or whatever) on one page (like we did 4 sets of grandparents on two paages)

but the main thing is that you like the pics and you "cover" your whole wedding- from the start kabbalas panim thru the badeken, chuppa, dancing, and sheva brachos.

also there is no "everybody" in this kinda thing- its whatever floats each persons boat

150 request

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 7:20 pm
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH BUSYDEV!! That is such a big help! I made a copy of the list you wrote and Ill use it as my guideline- it was so sweet of you to type it all up!

sheindl

Post Mon, Jul 05 2010, 7:24 pm
Wow- I haven't even finished picking out my pics- it's been almost two years since we got married! I'm almost done, but embarassed to call the photographer...

I did the story line idea, basically, what had been said up to now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics