Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby doesn't kiss

amother

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 3:05 am
My 16 month old doesn't kiss. Not even randomly, going through the motions. I find it so weird.

The kid claps (reminded myself because of that post, but I was thinking about it for awhile), makes peek a boo, blluur with the tongue...even talks many words...and other things, but just won't kiss.

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 3:29 am
I wouldn't count that as a milestone, maybe he doesn't like it or something. if theres something else you're worried about like speech or eating in addition to this, then IMO I would say get it checked out.

lovemywig

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 8:44 am
My daughter at that age didn't want to kiss either. (But she kissed her dolls) n it really made me sad... But today at the age of 2 she is making up for all lost kisses.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 12:49 pm
No, my child never made a kiss to anyone at all. Not even by mistake, like while sleeping. Dc's speech is actually above average, but has weird food preferences, and prefers mushy foods even with a mouth full of teeth. (Won't eat bread...takes forever to eat pizza...love cholent, chickpeas, oatmeal, sweet potato, cottage cheese)

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 1:08 pm
Hey! Stop worrying. My baby is 18 months old and he doesn't kiss yet. I know he loves me and I'm not worried at all! Just a cute funny story to add, he has a by speech therapist that asked me if she is allowed to teach him how to kiss!! I opened my eyes and asked her whaaaat? So she said she wasn't sure at " what age" we introduce kissing!!! Lol Hug

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Jun 27 2010, 1:10 pm
Sorry, I meant a bt therapist

fiddle

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 5:59 am
lol, after I read this thread I was wondering why my son didnt kiss, hes almost 21 months. he put his mouth on you but never a kissing noise, and today , lol he kissed me Smile hes so proud of himself Smile Kissing

shopaholic

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 3:32 pm
My DD is always on target for everything & she only started "kissing" a few months ago & even that wasn't a real kiss. She'd put her open mouth on my cheek & say "Maaaa". Now, at 2.1 she makes real kisses. I wouldn't worry too much.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 4:37 pm
Mine won't either. Big deal!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics