Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Dry at night

At what the earliest age that one of your kids were dry at night?
 33%  [ 11 ]
 39%  [ 13 ]
 12%  [ 4 ]
 3%  [ 1 ]
6+  
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 33

curlyhead

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 6:37 pm
I have recently toilet trained my 2 1/2 year old. B"h it went pretty smoothly. Right after he was toilet trained I noticed that he had dry diapers at night. I took them of and he has been dry for the past week. Is this normal for kids to be dry at night at such a young age? I always thought it was older. It is summer here now so I'm scared maybe hes dehaydrated. He is not a big water drinker. He will drink alot of juice but I try to offer water most of the time

red sea

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 6:45 pm
One child trained cold turkey at 2 and a half including nights. With another its been a struggle at night for quite a few years.
As long as he's going to the bathroom during the day enough he's probably not dehydrated, so count your blessings.

raizy

Post Mon, Jan 02 2006, 9:49 pm
my son was also trained at two day and night and then after the weather changed for the worse start making wet again.. \

but my oldest son stayed dry after the age of 3 1/2

whoever said that it is harder to train a boy then a girl ovoisly doesnt have to deal with my daughter... my boys are so easy to train....

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 4:47 pm
Just started to train my nearly 4 year old at night. He has B"H been dry for 2 nights now. Just a piece of advice needed. We are waking him up at about 9 and then 12 to take him to the toilet. Does anyone else do this and do you think we should take him more or less often?

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 5:05 pm
If you are taking him to the bathroom regularly, then I would not consider him to be dry at night. Isn't that comparable with my mother who tells me I was potty trained at 12 months - she just sat me on the potty every half an hour!
My youngest night trained was 2 weeks after day training, age 2 3/4, my oldest 6 yrs.

yoyosma

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 11:55 pm
I actually could use some advice on this topic. I too was told that when you bring a child to the bathroom at night, it is the equivalent of the child peeing in his/her diaper, as peeing is done when the child is essentialy ASLEEP.

So my question is, what should I do? My DD has been day trained since she was 2 1/2, but now she is 4 1/2 and wears a older childs form of a pull up.
I dont know what to do. Some times she fills up a pullup and still leaks on her bed.

It is very frustrating, and my DH's family has problems with night training, most of the kids wet the bed until they were 10-11 years old. I do not believe in medication or anything like that, but I dont know what to do! Any advice?

MOM222

Post Sun, Jun 11 2006, 12:34 am
My DD uses the bathroom before she goes to sleep. Then I used to wake her about 11:00 to use the bathroom. I did this for a week - week 1/2 and then she started waking up herself and asking to go to the bathroom. You sort of train them to go. Many kids have smaller bladders and can't wait from 7:00 in the evening to 7:00 in the morning.

Many times I hear her kvetching in bed. So I go in and ask "do you need to the bathroom?" In her sleep she answers Yeh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers