Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Taami tea-from the first week of life

staten islander

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 3:56 pm
Has any one used these, ladies? They say:"from the first week of life" and come in mint, chamomile and fennel. Any feedback?
Does anyone give their infant water in addition to breast milk? How much and how often?

staten islander

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 4:09 pm
bump

In the kitchen

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 4:16 pm
exclusively breastfed babies do not need extra liquids except in extreme heat situations, breastfeeding is both the food and the drink for the child, Hashem's perfect sustenance for them. I would never give something to my baby especially right after birth! other than breastmilk as long as Hashem helps, but I would never give a tea! it sounds like a ridiculous advertisement. they are just trying to sell more product, it can't be beneficial to the baby at such a young age.

staten islander

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 4:34 pm
So in extreme heat, you would give boiled(cooled) water n a bottle? How much?

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 5:55 pm
I don't know if they still sell these teas here in Israel, but they used to market them when my older children were babies as wonderful for digestion, colic etc and give out samples in the hospital.

Straight to the garbage. Basically some sugar concoction. Anything you give a nursing baby aside from breastmilk is filling them up with something less nutritious, even water. Certainly some sugar-laden syrup.

If you think it helps colic, drink it yourself. Wink

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jul 18 2010, 2:03 pm
I would nurse my baby more in extreme heat. nothing by mouth until six months old or older, if not ready yet...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics