Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken emergency!! Need new recipe!!!

IamI

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 8:04 am
I was planning on making a certain chicken recipe that calls for cooking the chicken in wine. So I fried onions and garlic, browned the chicken (quarters), was about to add the wine when I realised that I'm out of wine. Does anyone have a good recipe that I can make with what I have now. How do I continue? Oh and it has to be on the stovetop. And no honey or anything sweet if possible.
Can you help???

louche

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 8:22 am
Try apple cider or apple juice instead of the wine.

IamI

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 8:26 am
Don't have either Sad

grace413

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 8:40 am
Take the chicken out of the pot. Sautee celery and green pepper. Add I tablespoon paprika. Put the chicken and onions back in, season with salt and pepper. Cut up one tomato and put on top of chicken.
Cover and sautee over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours, turning chicken over every 20-30 minutes.

IamI

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 9:24 am
I don't have celery or peppers Sad
I have zucchini eggplant, mushrooms, leek, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic

Liba

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 9:27 am
You could just add more garlic, more onions, paprika, mushrooms, a bit of water, salt depending on the chicken (if it is a bedatz chicken never add salt), pepper and cook.

louche

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 10:18 am
IamI wrote:
I don't have celery or peppers Sad
I have zucchini eggplant, mushrooms, leek, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic

So make a chicken stew. Cook the chicken in a pot for a little while, add the carrots, eggplant , garlic and onion for a while, then throw in the shrooms, taters and zucchini and your choice of seasonings. If you have tomato sauce or ketchup, that's a plus, if not, not.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 10:24 am
Just add paprika, salt and pepper to taste, along with some water.

life'sgreat

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 11:06 am
IamI wrote:
I was planning on making a certain chicken recipe that calls for cooking the chicken in wine. So I fried onions and garlic, browned the chicken (quarters), was about to add the wine when I realised that I'm out of wine. Does anyone have a good recipe that I can make with what I have now. How do I continue? Oh and it has to be on the stovetop. And no honey or anything sweet if possible.
Can you help???

Bake it with the sauteed onions and garlic, add water and chicken soup mix (I use the no MSG version) and bake covered for a while. Really delicious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey