Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where do you let baby crawl and explore?

where do you let baby crawl and explore?
any ground or floor   
 76%  [ 16 ]
only designated very clean and babyproofed areas-how often do you clean it?  
 14%  [ 3 ]
other, please elaborate below  
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

amother

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 4:40 pm

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:

Well, I let my baby crawl all over (gate by kitchen & stairs, bathroom closed, and bedrooms are closed unless we are in there). However, my whole house is baby-proofed to the best of my ability. In some ways it's easier the more kids I have, in other ways (with their little toys) it gets harder. As for clean, I keep it as clean as I can and do a visual sweep before I put baby down. I also don't leave my kids without my attention so even if baby finds something, B"H I have seen it so far. Hope I always catch it...

Didn't you just post another thread on this?

Rodent

Post Sat, Jul 24 2010, 5:14 am
We have the dining room and kitchen gated off and bathrooms closed, otherwise free reign. I am not a clean freak but the place is generally clean. A touch of dirt is good for their immune system Wink

freidasima

Post Sat, Jul 24 2010, 4:32 pm
All over our floor which is usually swept and clean. The house was always babyproofed but someone was always watching them. I am big however on playpens when I'm not able to supervise. Until a kid can get out by him or herself they make a great place to put them in the living room and when I had to cook I would push the playpen to the kitchen doorway so that they could sit and play or stand and keep me company but be safe and out of harm's way.

They weren't big on crawling. I would let them toddle around everywhere as soon as they could walk but as for crawling, only in my house on a clean floor. The problem wasn't so much dirt as bugs. This is the middle east and there were always ants and roaches or whatever all over no matter how much you clean. I didn't like to spray all the time and as we live on the first floor...it was easy for them to come up the outside of the walls and into the house, open windows and all that..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics