Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
EXPLORING EACH OTHER!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 6:18 pm
I had to go out and left my daughter at my friends house...My daughter is six and so is my friends son! There were lots of kids at her house and she was upstairs. She came downstairs to check on them and they were locked in the BATHROOM playing Chatan and Kallah! He was making peepee and she was watching. My friend was in shock and I was in double shock! My daughter doesnt even bath with 3 year old son!

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 6:27 pm
Oh dear don't know how I would respond but being shocked would be my first reaction.

I tell my daughter to never go in the bathroom with anyone besides mummy since it's not tznius, and if it was my son I would tell him the same thing.

Kids will be kids but I have taught them as young as 2 whats tznius and whats not like my daughter told my husband whio came to wash his hands "Tatty don't come in I'm putting on my pants and it's not tznius".

This scenerio reminds me of when I taught preschool and wondered one time why 2 boys were taking so long to come from bathroom. Well discoverd they were making in the same toilet and wanted to see who could make more..... kids Exclamation

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 6:41 pm
tricky, tricky..........

Just tell her it's privite & only for parents/ doctor in parents presence to see. Be calm & don't scare her.

hadasa

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 11:34 pm
I've had a similar experience with my daughter and a friend's boys. After consulting with Mashpios, frum psychologists, etc., the message I got from EVERYONE was : Don't freak out. THIS IS NORMAL!!!!

Just explain to them calmly that Jews act in a way that is Tznius, and this is not Tznius. If they continue, I think you should tell them (again, calmly) that you cannot let them play together if they will act in an non-Tzniuskdike way. And then make sure there is always an adult around when they are together.

zuncompany

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 11:51 pm
I used to teach pre-school and yes, this is normal. I did exactly what hadasa suggested in my classroom and it usually would work.

sara

gryp

Post Fri, Jan 28 2005, 6:33 am
amother- you said they were 6 years old. to me that is a bit different than preschoolers- 3,4 or even 5 year old. I guess it depends on the maturity of the child.

Tovah

Post Sun, Jan 30 2005, 2:42 pm
I once subbed a kindergarden class and the same thing happened the principal told me it's normal kids are curious. I didn't deal with it it since wasn't my class, but the teacher did the following day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers