Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please tell me she wont be disfigured

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 2:57 pm
My DD is 13 mo. We just came back from a camping trip where, among other 'oye vey' moments, she eneded up getting 30 mosquito bites on her face in one night (her big brother went out to go to the bathroom and forgot to close the tent when he came back)

Now its only a week, but every time I see her face, I want to cry. She is such a pretty girl, but now she looks so disfigured. I know other children have it worse, and this is only temporary, but its hard to see.

Please tell me she will look like her cute, normal self soon.

Before:
Photobucket
Day of:
Photobucket
Now:
Photobucket

shosh

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:03 pm
Poor baby!

But don't worry - she's still cute. And it will all go away again soon. It must be very uncomfortable for her, though. Maybe ask the doctor for a good, gentle anti-histamine cream to get rid of the itching.

sunshine!

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:04 pm
She will be 100% okay. My children have looked worse on trips near the water and the bites always clear up. Try giving her oatmeal baths and use an anti-itch so she doesn't scratch like crazy.

reed

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:33 pm
We've been through that too - too many times! Sad
Sometimes I think it hurts the mother more than the child, although I'm sure she's uncomfortable. Make sure she's not scratching them, because that can cause scarring. Keep her nails short. You can try some hydrocortisone ointment to help relieve some of the itching. If she's having a hard time sleeping because of it, I'd give benadryl which should help relive the itching, and help with sleep.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:40 pm
One of my sons gets scars pretty easily, but he never had bl"h a bug bite scar. He never had it as bad as your daughter, but still. She must be so uncomfortable or was. The mosquitos have been huge lately and their bites are horrible. I was bitten up a few years ago by these monstrous mostquitos and no scars. I also scar easily.

Last edited by yo'ma on Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:41 pm
thanks.

The ER doc (we had 3 ER visits in a 5 night camping trip) told us to give her benadryl, which we did for 2 days. She hasnt seemed bothered by them- its just been hard for me to see

Ilovehashem26

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 3:41 pm
Poor thing!!! my 3mo old has been attracting mosquitoes too.. I started spraying a mixture of babyoil (with added lavendar essential oil, vanilla, and tea tree oil ) on him and havent had any problems since, B"H..

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 4:55 pm
She doesnt look disfigured to me. nhopefully it'll all go away. good luck...

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 5:07 pm
First, you may want to delete the link since we can see EVERYTHING including the ultra-sound, your name and the doctor's name. Please, preserve your privacy.
Second, are you sure those are mosquito bites? They look like something else, maybe chiggers?
Third BEH she will be FINE. Babies heal miraculously. She's adorable.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 5:18 pm
thanks. I didnt realize that by clicking on the link it took you to my whole album. I deleted the ultrasound pix (which is over a year old, btw).

Def mosquitoes, since Dh and I each killed 2 very full ones that morning

NativeMom

Post Tue, Aug 03 2010, 10:47 pm
awww poor thing! Those definitely look like mosquito bites. I'm sure she'll be fine, and she's adorable BTW Smile.

achayl

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 1:38 pm
Last year my son was attacked by black flies on a class trip to a heavily wooded area. Just letting you know that he healed perfectly, but it took about 3 or 4 weeks until they were all gone.
BA'H, she'll heal!!

kitov

Post Wed, Aug 04 2010, 2:38 pm
Poor kid!

Don't forget to come back here and post a pic of how he looks beautiful once again!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics