Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Travel stroller recommendations?

chatz

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 10:06 pm
Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap but good [heh, who doesn't want the best for free?] travel stroller? I have a great but big & heavy stroller and I need something lightweight that I can use for travel - bus, subway, or when going out of town. I don't have a lot of cash to spend (not any, really) but I would be willing to spend a bit more to get something good quality that will last more than 1 kid.

Preferred qualities: easy fold, easy to push, doesn't take up too much space.

TIA

Dev80

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 12:50 pm
There's the Quinny Zapp, I've seen it for $195, it has the smallest fold, weighs 13 lbs, and pushes like a dream (I don't have it but read rave reviews). A only drawback is that the seat does not recline (like an umbrella stroller). http://strollerqueenreviews.bl......html --here's a link to a review (she has great stuff), and http://www.quinny.com/ot-en/strollers/zapp ---the quinny website

Happy stroller hunting!

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 1:10 pm
Maclaren Quest or Triumph. There are quite a few on ebay that are NIB & cheaper than the regular price.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 10 2010, 1:46 pm
I went to E"Y this past winter with DD and my McLaren Techno XLR. It's lightweight and comfortable, full-reclines, plush lining, and folded up easily, went into the checking machines no problem (only problem was, every time they made us put it thru DD shrieked that they are taking away her carriage!) It showed absolutely no wear and tear at all when we got back, and boy did it get use that week!

I bought it brand new for $180. It's normally almost double that, but I was just fine with the previous year's model (only difference being the color).

It's now 2+ years old and still could pass for almost new.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics