Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Used carseat frm Craigslist?
Previous  1  2

Atali

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 4:44 pm
Actually, I would love it if someone would make such a study.

Are there any graduate students here studying a relevant field who would like to randomly purchase several hundred used carseats and crash test them?

YALT

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 5:01 pm
Another point is, just because a carseat has a HIGHER price tag, does NOT mean it has more safety features. So you may fine a Safety 1st carseat with the exact same features as a Britax, but the cost would be a difference of $150. If my choice were of that Britax for $50 on Craigslist, or that Safety 1st for $60 in the store, I think it would make sense to go for the Safety 1st - have in mind - the cost is for the NAME, as both have the same safety features!

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 5:02 pm
Every car seat that is on the market (that isn't recalled) has to conform to certain standards.

YALT

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 5:07 pm
Actually, that reminds me. that since USA and UK have dif. standards, I wasn't allowed to bring my USA carseat onto the flight from UK back to USA since it had to be a UK-approved carseat.

Atali

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 5:08 pm
YALT wrote:
Another point is, just because a carseat has a HIGHER price tag, does NOT mean it has more safety features. So you may fine a Safety 1st carseat with the exact same features as a Britax, but the cost would be a difference of $150. If my choice were of that Britax for $50 on Craigslist, or that Safety 1st for $60 in the store, I think it would make sense to go for the Safety 1st - have in mind - the cost is for the NAME, as both have the same safety features!

That is definitely true, although I have yet to see a cheap car seat that tethers rear-facing (only Britax and Radian do).

punktfarkert

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 5:43 pm
I wouldn't buy the used carseat from CL - no matter what. The carseat is one of the only baby items that everyone recommends getting new. Google it. Your child's safety is of the uptmost importance, and no matter how nice, caring or safe the CL seller seems, it's not worth the risk.

jaysmom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:36 pm
No way would I buy a used car seat and I am a huge craigslist fan. I couldn't jeopardize the safety of my child like that. Nor would I buy a bike helmet at a garage sale.

Gefen

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:55 pm
I have a Maxi Cosi carseat and adaptors to give away. The material from the seat is ruined but if you put a carseat cover over I'm sure it will just as new.

PM. Also a Quinny Buzz 2006 Model for $150

amother

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 9:28 pm
I have a car seat to give away in passaic. What area are you in?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics