Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Looking to buy a nonexpensive/good quality single stroller

blueyes

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 12:25 pm
I really need a new single stroller desperately! I really don't want to spend more than 115 $. I looked at the maclaren ones online and I cant tell if the ones in my price range are good or not.
Any suggestions???

chaylizi

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 12:35 pm
How old is your baby? The Quest & Techno are both good strollers for babies older than 3-6 months. The Quest is slightly heavier, but it reclines more & has an extendable leg rest.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 12:37 pm
Check out chiccos - they're good. We and sil have one.

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 12:43 pm
are you willing to buy secondhand? if so try e bay or janglo in E"Y, you can get a really good one at 1/2 the cost of it new that way.

maidale

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 1:39 pm
chaylizi wrote:
How old is your baby? The Quest & Techno are both good strollers for babies older than 3-6 months. The Quest is slightly heavier, but it reclines more & has an extendable leg rest.

Actually, the techno is the heavier one. I'm sure you know that, you just mixed it up.
I had the quest, and while it's practical, light, folds small and still reclines enough for a toddler to sleep in, I was unhappy since the back wheels wore out really fast. I had to replace the wheels twice in 2 years, and I don't even load it up so heavily.
Isn't there an inglesina in that price range?

mamaleh

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 1:39 pm
I love my graco. I have the vienna which is now called the vie4. It's lasted me 4 yrs, Walmart has one for $80 (msrp about $115)

chaylizi

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 1:46 pm
maidale wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

Actually, the techno is the heavier one. I'm sure you know that, you just mixed it up.
I had the quest, and while it's practical, light, folds small and still reclines enough for a toddler to sleep in, I was unhappy since the back wheels wore out really fast. I had to replace the wheels twice in 2 years, and I don't even load it up so heavily.

sorry, I meant triumph. interesting about your quest. I had one for 3 years & it was in perfect condition until someone ran over it in a parking lot. the inglesina swift is in that range, but I would recommend a mac over it any day. what about a graco ipo or mosaic.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 2:04 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Check out chiccos - they're good. We and sil have one.

I have the Chicco Ct 0.5 and the brakes in the back started banging against the back of the stroller after about a year and the only way to stop it is to tape the brakes to the bars but then I can't use the brakes. I know someone else with the same problem with the same stroller so it's not a fluke. Also, I don't know about other models but my model the seat cloth doesn't come off to wash.
I'm actually looking into buying a Maclaren Techno. It reclines all the way flat for a newborn and is still small and easy to fold for travel. You can get last years model for $250 at diaper.com with free next day shipping. The new model is close to $400. If I didn't need a full recline stroller I would get the cheaper Maclaren.

israel22

Post Sun, Aug 29 2010, 3:02 pm
maidale wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

I also have the quest I have had it for like 2 years maybe a bit more and I also need to replace the wheels did u think it was worth it to change the wheels? or just get a dif cheaper stroller meaning are maclarens tdoay made to last like the used to be made...

kokoshpro

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 5:52 am
I have the Peg Perego Si and I'm thrilled with it. I got it for abt $230 and it's lightweight, really easy to wheel and pretty.
Check it out
http://www.google.com/products.....08281

blueyes

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 4:12 pm
what about the maclaren volo stroller/ is that a good one?

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 9:37 pm
Check Ebay for good deals on a bit more expensive strollers. I found a used once stroller on Ebay for my sister. It was the Joovy Kooper, which is a great stroller and she got for 125 total. I found one on Ebay for another sister for 138, brand new.

blueyes

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:18 pm
thanks for all the suggestions!
I ordered the maclaren volo 2010 and I got it for 100.00 with free shipping which I think is a pretty good price.

be a mentch

Post Tue, Aug 31 2010, 10:26 pm
I got the maclaren triumph for $99 at home goods
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics