Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Inexpensive clothing for women-where do you shop??

loveshoes

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 5:10 pm
Money is tight, but I need some clothes for work and for shabbos. Any ideas of where to shop in stores or online that sells nice (modern) and tzinus clothing?

busydev

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 5:27 pm
tj max, marshalls - good prices and I have had some good finds.

kohls- I have bought a few things there, my sister often finds things there (have an online site)

overstock.com (?)

target- depend on the season and that years style- my cousin has found really nice things there

jc penny- not so trendy generally... but cheap and nice stuff

carson prire scott (and its other affiliates- bonton) not so trendy- but can find nice stuff esp by sales

macy on sale

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 5:36 pm
Sometimes can luck out at Filene's, Daffy's... depends on season etc. Also if you go to bigger stores like Macy's on a sale weekend with some coupons and hit the clearance racks, I have gotten very lucky sometimes but not for a while. Wherever you go, look online first for savings passes that you can print.

boymom

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 5:38 pm
I just got a few stylish, but very fine and tznius things in tj maxx. they were all under 20 $ . I even found stunning shabbos sweater that I wore to chasunah ( and my shvig thought it was my expensive tiffany knit outfit) that was $25. I also got two cute shoes for $7 each at walmart. and just keep your eyes open for sales. I was at a ny and co. store and found afew shabbos sweaters on sale for $10. you gotta keep you eyes real wide open!! good luck.

de_goldy

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 6:00 pm
Also, sign up for coupons from any store you like to shop in, you'll be surprised how low things can go and how quickly they go on sale.

mini

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 7:02 pm
I find Daffy's I always find something

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 7:06 pm
I shop at Macy's alot - they are ALWAYS having a sale! I just found cute shoes at Payless.

avimom

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 8:06 pm
another one for Macys...

happy mommy68

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 8:37 pm
JCPenny all the way.

I've gotten simple tzinius skirts, but paired up with some jewelery from there (check it out, it's always on sale and the colors are really nice) and you have a beautiful outfit,

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Sep 06 2010, 11:44 pm
JC Penny, Marshalls, Kohls.

louche

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 11:09 am
Goodwill. They still have long skirts, though for how long is anyone's guess.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 5:55 pm
I have found some super cheap dresses and tops at Filene's basement.

I also find some great closetous by checking deal websites like slickdeals.net

Once Sears was having an online shoe sale and I got nice, tall, suede boots for the winter for 13$. Might be the one time in history my husband kept telling me to buy more shoes because they were each 6$. I have now stored them for the winter.

SorGold

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 6:02 pm
Kohs has nice tops and even tznius skirts. Not expensive and alot of their clothes are "in style" and can be worn to work or for Shabbos. Their stuff is more modern than JC Penny and they always have coupons

rivk241

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 6:14 pm
kolhs, target , and annie sez- I do really well at all three!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains